TWENTY

The morning sun painted gentle strokes across my room, and as I opened my eyes, I yawned, stretching as I sat up.

Today is Monday... meaning school again. Meaning I gotta see everyone again. Should I just cut off everyone and bury a whole and live for the rest of my life in there?

Don't be ridiculous Yeosang.

I got up getting ready fixing myself up as I grabbed an apple before leaving.

I opened the door and there he was - Jongho, standing at my doorstep, a shy smile gracing his lips. His presence sent a sudden flutter through my chest, a mixture of surprise and delight „J-Jongho?"

"Hey," he greeted, his voice soft, "I couldn't wait. I had to see you."

I mirrored his smile, warmth spreading across my cheeks. I wrapped my arms around him, the world outside momentarily forgotten. Even though my heart was still tangled in unsettling dreams, Jongho's touch grounded me.

"Are you okay?" he asked, concern flickering in his eyes.

"Please, don't guard your heart too closely," I whispered, looking into those eyes that held a promise of something new.

He nodded, his gaze never leaving mine. "I'll try my best, Yeosang."

„But is that all your Breakfast Yeosangie?"

„Y-yeosangie?" I blushed.

He rubbed his neck nervously „I-I thought now that were dating it would be fine to call you only by your name." he smiled shyly „If you're not okay with it I can call you Hyung of course"

„No NO! It's fine really I was just... flustered"

He smiled brightly „now back to my question" he pointed at my hand „is this your breakfast?"

„Oh...uhm... yeah. I'm not really good at cooking you know"

He frowned cutely „Nooo~" he whined „You have to take care of yourself more Sangiee~" he grabbed his back opening the zip fishing out a bento box. „Be lucky I made sandwiches today" he smiled handing me one.

„Jongho you don't have to-„

„Please" he looked at me pleading as I sighed nodding.

„Now shall we go?" he smiled grabbing my hand as I nodded taking a bite from his sandwich.

„Omg this is so good" I groaned giggling.

He smiled squeezing my hand „I'm glad you like it. I can make you breakfast everyday if you want"

„No you don't have to, really it's fine"

Their steps fell into sync, a shared rhythm that felt oddly comforting. Jongho's presence was a balm to the unease that had nestled in my heart. As we walked, his playful words danced in the air, each one a gentle brush against my soul.

"You know," he began, a mischievous glint in his eyes, "I heard that people who blush easily are the most genuine."

A laugh bubbled up from within me, escaping in a soft, melodic trill. "Is that so?"

He nodded, a smirk playing at the corner of his lips. "Absolutely. It means you wear your heart on your sleeve."

I felt my cheeks warm under his gaze, unable to tear my eyes away from his magnetic presence. This easy banter, the way he made me feel seen and cherished, it was something entirely new. It was a dance of words and glances, a secret language that only we shared.

As we approached the school gates, Jongho leaned in closer, his breath mingling with mine. "You know," he murmured, "I could get used to this."

A soft, contented sigh escaped my lips. I squeezed his hand, my heart finding solace in the warmth of his touch.