Chapter Eight

Jusuf Nurkic POV: Me being the first Bosnian Player to become pregnant while playing for Portland Trailblazers.

Jusuf Nurkic- 5 months pregnant
Portland, Oregon
4:30pm,

"Damn it! I look so fat in that uniform," Jusuf Nurkic complained about his Portland Trailblazers uniform not fitting him at all. "What's the matter now love?" Meyers Leonard went to him. "Apparently, my stupid uniform doesn't fit me. I can't play like this," He frowned repeatedly when his Portland Trailblazers Uniform didn't even fit. "Plus, The fans are going to look at me and be like: Why does Jusuf look like he gained weight? Don't ask. I'm pregnant! End of discussion and the baby is growing in my belly,"

"Hey it's okay Jusuf," Meyers said calmly. "I mean we all dealt with other things like that," "Yeah, pardon my mood swings Meyers, it's just that I've been feeling insecure about my body you know? Ever since I found out that I was pregnant, I was surprised," "I know that Jusuf, but you are beautiful inside and out regardless of your different shapes and sizes," Meyers smiled caressing his Bosnian girlfriend's face.

Meyers Leonard: I love you my Bosnian beauty.

Jusuf Nurkic: I love you too! And I am very sorry for raising my voice.

Meyers Leonard: it's okay, don't worry about it love.

Jusuf Nurkic: I guess all Bosnians do have short temper especially me.

Meyers Leonard: yep

Since Jusuf is going to have the last game till he is sidelined for the rest of the season till the baby is born. In the meantime, he can still shoot free throws and layup in which it should have any bench points to increase whenever he wants to go for. They were at the basketball court where Meyers Leonard watched his girlfriend make the shots.

Damian Lillard: Jusuf has been moody lately when it comes to pregnancy and other matters.

Meyers Leonard: I know, but he will be fine.

Damian Lillard: Oh okay.

CJ McCollum: believe me I dealt with it also, but it takes a while for him to get used to it.

Jusuf Nurkic came out of the locker room to talk to Meyers. Although, he stuck by his side making sure that Jusuf wouldn't have to stay angry for long. Well Jusuf would always think of something that he had to deal with. "So Meyers, what's up?" "Oh it's nothing. We were just talking and everything is good. Look, I know you have been frustrated with me since the beginning, but I wanted to tell you how sorry I was because I know for a fact that I have any shortcomings," Meyers explained. "I mean, you are always been there whenever you feel like you had to say something," "Meyers, you don't need to apologize for anything, I am the one that has the shortcomings and should be sorry for it. I mean if we ever have any problems with our relationship, we could always talk about it,"

Meyers went to Jusuf and tell him that he loves him. "I love you so much Jusuf Nurkic," "I love you too Meyers! Nothing can ever change that," They hugged each other before the game starts.

Jusuf Nurkic: you ready to play?

Meyers Leonard: all set!

Jusuf Nurkic: Let's get the game started.

Third person's POV (Fan):

How should I know? There is a pregnant athlete in the basketball court where he would be able to play and make the shots. I know for a fact that he's supposed to be sidelined for the rest of the season until after the baby arrives. Although, Jusuf wanted to play one last time before he is ready to be back on the bench.

- Halftime -

Jusuf went to the locker room to have the talk with Meyers Leonard. Yet, they were talking about their next plan. Perhaps, Kenan could plan the surprise gender reveal party in Portland. Somehow, Jusuf was tearing up.

Meyers Leonard: Jusuf, what's the matter now?

Jusuf Nurkic: oh it's nothing, I'm crying tears of happiness right now that my little brother is going to throw a gender reveal party.

Meyers Leonard: I know honey, but we'll figure out whether our baby is going to be a boy or a girl.

Jusuf Nurkic: yep, only way to find out.

After the halftime, they decided to go back to the court, but for safety reasons, Jusuf had to play a while, but managed to make any shots and free throws. Perhaps, the fans knew that Jusuf was the first player to score during his pregnancy.

~ 3 hours after the game ~

Jusuf and Meyers went home and took a shower together before bedtime. In fact, they were having the mirror selfies together with Meyers placing his hand on Jusuf's baby bump. The next thing that they would have was the gender reveal and Jusuf and Meyers will determine if they're going to have a boy or a girl. In those times, they will think of naming their baby.