Chapter Seven

~ The Hotpot date ~
Portland, Oregon
9:00am,

Jusuf Nurkic goes out to eat with Meyers Leonard. Somehow, Meyers was suspecting that Jusuf is in his 3rd week of pregnancy. In fact, Meyers Leonard was talking to him about the times how Jusuf has been doing. Somehow, it was something that Meyers would have to deal with: his teammate's pregnancy cravings and other issues. Supposedly, his appetite would be more stronger than he would ever imagine. However, Jusuf's physician had told Meyers that he will have a very strong appetite and would be eating the entire fridge. For most parts, he will be the ones to deal with the sweets and other foods.

Jusuf Nurkic's POV:

My pregnancy cravings had been driving me nuts lately and it was something that Meyers would have to deal with because I would be eating a lot and my physician told me that I have a very strong appetite. Well you're talking to a pregnant Bosnian Male that would be waking up in the middle of the night to ask for food. For most cases, I would be very hungry in the middle of the night even now and then. Anyways, my mom, dad and my brother Kenan will be coming to Portland tonight to see me. Although, I always wonder if my mom wants to say something about the motherhood and being a birth partner. I'll have to wait and see.

Jusuf Nurkic's POV In Bosnian:

Moje trudničke žudnje su me u posljednje vrijeme izluđivale i Meyers je s tim morao da se pozabavi jer bih puno jela, a moj doktor mi je rekao da imam veoma jak apetit. Pa ti pričaš sa trudnim Bosancem koji bi se probudio usred noći da traži hranu. U većini slučajeva, bio bih jako gladan usred noći čak i povremeno. U svakom slučaju, moja mama, tata i moj brat Kenan će večeras doći u Portland da me vide. Mada, uvek se pitam da li moja mama želi nešto da kaže o majčinstvu i o tome što sam porođajni partner. Morat ću sačekati i vidjeti. (My pregnancy cravings had been driving me nuts lately and it was something that Meyers would have to deal with because I would be eating a lot and my physician told me that I have a very strong appetite. Well you're talking to a pregnant Bosnian Male that would be waking up in the middle of the night to ask for food. For most cases, I would be very hungry in the middle of the night even now and then. Anyways, my mom, dad and my brother Kenan will be coming to Portland tonight to see me. Although, I always wonder if my mom wants to say something about the motherhood and being a birth partner. I'll have to wait and see.)

~ Later that afternoon before Jusuf and Meyers go out to eat at the restaurant ~

Jusuf was in the room as Mr. And Mrs. Nurkic were there to talk to him. "Jusuf?" His mother went in the room. "Can I come in?" "Sure Mama," Jusuf said. His mom and dad came to have a talk with him about pregnancy, motherhood and childbirth.

Mrs. Nurkic: I know you may be surprised to say this but it's a shocker Jusuf because you're pregnant, but we will get through this okay?

Jusuf Nurkic: Okay Mama.

Mrs. Nurkic: actually, you're going to be a mother. Is there anything you want me to know about?

Jusuf Nurkic: I was thinking of motherhood because I had someone from my team that became pregnant and ended up giving birth to a baby girl.

Mrs. Nurkic: oh my! I'm sure your teammate was a lovely mother.

Jusuf Nurkic: yep

Mr. Nurkic: Also, I can be your birth partner too.

Jusuf Nurkic: Tata, that would be embarrassing.

Mr. Nurkic: I know, but I want to help.

Jusuf Nurkic: Okay.

After talking about the motherhood and other things that Jusuf would have to deal with while expecting a baby with his teammate, he took a half an hour nap before heading out with Meyers Leonard to go to the restaurant. Jusuf's father took a photo of his son and sent it to Meyers Leonard.

To: Meyers Leonard

Caught your girlfriend Jusuf taking a half an hour nap 😊😉

- Mr. Nurkic

To: Mr. Nurkic

Awwww he's so pretty and cute when he's napping.

- Meyers Leonard.

{ 3 hours later }

Jusuf and Meyers were at the restaurant making contact with each other like any other couples would do. Nontheless, Jusuf had other plans to see him before he goes out for a vacation with his family. Yet, Jusuf would always want to go to Aruba for their anniversary. Although, the first priority is their unborn baby

Jusuf Nurkic: babe, are you going to be there when we have a gender reveal?

Meyers Leonard: of course.

Jusuf Nurkic: I mean it's just that I don't want to celebrate it all alone

Meyers Leonard: are you kidding me Jusuf? You'll never be alone. Besides, the fans, teammates and the rest will attend the gender reveal.

Jusuf Nurkic: I know that.

Author's note:

Hi Everyone! Sorry for going MIA. I decided to update the Jusuf Nurkic & Meyers Leonard the kissing booth. I was busy with the other projects and wanted to make it stand out for you. Anyways, stay tuned for more updates on the Jusuf Nurkic fanfic- Jessica