2. Birthday party/Pity party

It doesn't take much for a
person to change their behaviour towards someone. A simple misunderstanding, a stupid piece of gossip, a heated argument or another person.

In my case, it was my mother. She was the reason I was misunderstood since the moment I was born.

My sin? We were blood related. My mother had an interesting past. If someone ever wrote a story on her, it's title should be "how far will you go for love?" Because she definately went too far without using her brain to think about the consequences.

They say, love makes you do crazy things. I wouldn't know since I didn't have the pleasure to fall in love but if someone asks me if I'd ever like to experience love then I'll say never. I'd rather eat poison or die in a ditch somewhere.

It's funny how you're labelled as a bad person without even doing shit and people expect you to carry all the burden left by those around us. It didn't take much for people to turn against my family after my mother's scandal. Glaring as we pass by, throwing us out of social circles. We become the outcasts of Mergery.

        When I was in elementary school, I became bff's with Bianca Rogers. We were inseparable, in school, outside of school, anywhere.

          Then, she invited me to her birthday party. I was ever so happy. I wore a beautiful blue pink dress and bought a big present. We celebrated her birthday, we ate cake, food and we were playing a game when Bianca's grandmother asked me my name.

            "Oh, such a sweet child. What is your name honey?" She inquired.

            "Krissa Beauchamp." I said obliviously. I heard a gasp behind my back and as I grew up I realised how big I messed up that time. Not that it matters, it was bound to come out sooner or later.

           I turn around to find Bianca's mom standing there with a horrified expression. Even to this day I clearly remember her calling grammy to pick me up and going to Bianca and whispering not-so-softly in her ear.

           "Sweetie, not to talk with Krissa anymore okkay?"

            "But why mommy?" She askes confusion written on her face.

           "She's not a good kid honey so stay away from her alright?" She nods her head, looks my way and then she looks away from me.

           Grammy came to pick me up and when I was seated in the saw I saw grammy talking to Bianca's mother. Since the window was up, I couldn't hear what her mom was saying so I preased the windows button and it slided down in time for me to hear hear her words.

          "I'm really sorry but we do not want our children to associate with the daughter of a—"

          "Bangs."
She definately didn't say "bangs". The voice pulls me out of my pity party, I mean the birthday party. Tsk.