Part 6 Mixed feelings

When I wake up, it's awkward at the breakfast table, except Aaron, who's completely oblivious and is talking nonstop. I avoid eye contact with Andy but whenever my eyes betray me, I catch him staring at me, his eyes hard to read. His hair is messy and hanging over his eyes, and I want to reach over the table and kiss him. My aunt and uncle leave for the day on a day trip, and Aaron asks Andy to stay over for most of the day. Andy agrees. But when Aaron goes to take a shower, me and Andy are left alone on the couch downstairs. I tug on my tank top strap and tuck the hair that fell out of my braid behind my ear. I'm trying to think of something to say.

"Char, I really like you. I really do." Andy says abruptly. He's blushing, frowning.

"I like you too Andy but how do I know you're not just gonna throw me away when you find a new girl?" I say.

He groans. Grabs a pillow and stuffs it on his face. "Because I never felt like that when I kissed you. I felt different, like you actually saw me, you weren't just using me for a free make out sesh like other girls. I know I shouldn't be such a player, but I only did that to keep my mind off of something else that was hurting me. It was bad for me to do and I'm so sorry. Really." He's staring at me with pleading eyes as I suck in his apology. 

I grab his hand. "What's been hurting you?"i ask softly.

His eyes tear up, and I'm shocked. Never did I think I would see The Andy Goldfarb cry. "My mom died in 5th grade, and ever since, I've just been feeling a pain in my chest. All the time."

I gasp. "I'm so sorry." I cup his face. "My parents died too." He avoids my gaze. 

"We don't have to talk about it now." I say to him and he nods. I don't know what I'm thinking, which is definitely not about Stacy as I lean in and press my soft lips to his. I swear I hear him wimper as he kisses me back, eagerly.  His hand tugs me forward and I fall onto his lap, straddling him. The kiss is better than the first one last night, the feeling surging through my body. I pull back, our foreheads meeting, nose tips touching. He grins and I smile back as his hand grips my lower back, our mouths clashing back together, and I feel his mouth smiling against mine. He kisses my top lip, then my bottom, pulling back with a tug. 

"You're so pretty, char." He wispers and I blush. I kiss him again hard, my legs clutching his waist. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and I hop off of him, smile, and take off upstairs, waving to him. I pass Aaron, making sure to look the other way so he doesn't see my flushed face and post kissed lips. I sigh, landing on my bed, replaying it in my mind over and over. Stacy will understand. She has to. I've never felt this way. Andy's mom died too, now I have someone to talk to about the pain I feel, something I've never been able to tell anyone. He's just perfect. I finally snap him, a picture of my flushed face, and scream into my pillow, confused on how I'm going to tell Stacy about this.