Spilled Punch

Pt. 2 to So... it's a date? 

there will be a lot more chapters of this.

The next week, Peter's phone rings, Peter checks his phone and sees a call from MJ. "Hello?" He answers, a grin forming on his face. "Can you meet me after school so we can plan our costumes?" She asks. "Yeah, sure".

After school

"So what do you want to be for the party?" He ponders for a moment. "I was going for something simple, maybe a skeleton or a ghost. What about you?" He flips one of his hoodie pockets inside out when he feels something in it. "I almost forgot, here, I got you something." Her expression changed to curiosity, "Really?" Peter hands her a small box that was in his pocket. Inside is a silver necklace with a black dahlia pendant. He watches her to see her reaction. MJ she looks at in disbelief, "this is for me?"

"I thought you'd like it." Peter watches her reaction with glee, a faint blush covering his face. "So, do you have a costume yet?" She shakes her head as she puts on the necklace, "Not yet. Do you?" She looks at him. "Hmm well I think I'll stick to a skeleton, it seems fitting for the Halloween theme." Peter says with confidence. "How about you? Think you know what you're wearing?"

"I'll be a skeleton too. Then we can be the skeleton couple!" He smiles. "I really like that idea! A matching pair of skeletons." He chuckles, "What do ya say? We go as a skeleton couple?" She nods. "Perfect." His mind races a little, wondering if he should ask her out right now. "Maybe after the party we can...." He cuts himself off, "Never mind. Forget I said anything."

"We can...?" MJ narrows her eyes. His eyes go wide. "Oh, uh, nothing. Just, uh, never mind, it was stupid." Peter scratches his head nervously. "I... I was just going to ask if you wanted to go on a date. Maybe get dinner after the party?" He tucks in a stray bit of hair behind his ear. "I'll go!" you say enthusiastically His eyes light up with joy. "You really want to?" His voice is filled to the brim with enthusiasm. She nods. Peter can't help a laugh escaping him as he feels more than excited to take her out. "Perfect. It's a date then. I'll see you tonight?" She gave him a quick kiss, "See ya tonight.". His cheeks are still flushed from the earlier kiss. "This party is going to be great." He giggles before walking away. He can't wait until tonight!

At the party

MJ spotted Peter near the punch bowl, his face painted as a skeleton. He's holding a red cup in his hand as he talks to two different guys. As soon as he saw her, his eyes instantly lit up in excitement. "Hey there." Peter greets you with a welcoming smile. His eyes roam over your skeleton costume at least once or twice before his attention settles down on you once more. "I like your costume by the way." She smiled in appreciation. "I just wanted to thank you again for going with me tonight." He chuckles. "I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here, to be honest." Peter's words were genuine and had a hint of flirtation in them.

MJ smiles before Flash knocks into her, spilling his punch all over her. Peter looks a little panicked when he sees the red liquid all over your costume. The two both have a skeleton painted on your face, but the splash of punch really makes it look more realistic. "Oh no, that's gonna be a mess isn't it?" MJ looks at her costume in despair. "Hey, look at me," Peter holds her attention with a gentle hand on your shoulder. "I can get you a coat and help you with this as soon as we get off of this sticky floor." The punch is beginning to dry, forming an uncomfortable crust on her clothes. "Well, it kinda looks like blood, '' Michelle said, optimistically. He chuckles lightly at the observation, "I guess it does," Peter says with a laugh. He extends a hand out to her. "Wanna go now? We don't want you to be uncomfortable all night."

"Yeah, but let me go change into my extra clothes in the car, but before I go I need to do this," she pauses, walks over to flash and punches him in the jaw.. His eyes go wide as she returns. "That is quite the prepared move, I have to say. Both the clothes and the punch." Peter laughs heartily and places an arm around her. His jaw drops when she returns to the party, a soft smile fills his face. "That is quite a change if I've ever seen one." Peter laughs and takes notice of the dress. It's a deep red that compliments her skin and hair. It hugs her figure and she looks amazing in it. With his eyes still on hers, he leads the two out of the party into the quiet night of Queens. 

to be continued...

what are y'all dressing up as for Halloween?

What do you think is going to happen next in this story?

Suggestions/requests?