chapter 36

- A gentle wind breezes past you, and you find yourself in the POV of Y/N L/N -
- Ambience: 505 by the Arctic Monkeys -

To be honest, I never imagined myself to be in a position to live like this.

The torment from my parents made me lose all hope in my teenage years. I hated every second my life, and I wanted to leave this shithole behind and just run to university.

Until this handsome motherfucker.

Pulling my hair up and spinning around in the outfit, I smiled at myself.

I've never felt loved like this. I'm sure Makomo is over the moon right now too.

However, I can't stay here forever.

The one thing I'm worried most about? What will happen when our parents are gone? Who's going to take us? 'Cause the Tokitos can't.

Muichiro awaited for me in the hallway looking as handsome as ever in his outfit. He held out a hand for me, smiling ear to ear.

"Shall we go?"

"You're so fancy, haha." I laughed, placing my hand in his. He gently squeezed my hand before taking me along with him.

To love.

To live.

They parallel each other, don't they? Without any love in your life, romantic or not, how can you live?

Without the love of friends, family, ...

... and maybe a significant person in your life...

The wind tussled with Muichiro's hair, bringing my attention to the new and shinier strands of turquoise. We both decided on walking.

A childish smile splayed on his face as he joyfully retold the funny conversation him and the others had awhile back.

So, I'm guessing this is what I was missing? Tokito Muichiro?

No.

I was missing not just romantic love, rather love from everyone in my life.

My friends were like, my only source of that.

My heart has never felt this full.

As the sights of bustling streets and the sounds of hyper kids meet us, we stop in our tracks.

He turns to me and looks at the hairpin, the one he gave me, in my hair. "You look beautiful."

"So do you, Muichiro." I replied, running a hand through his hair. "Ready?"

The sunset paints the sky like its a canvas. Deep and beautiful hues of pink, purple, and yellow light the sky.

I wish life was like that. A canvas; yours and only yours to paint. I'd like to think I get to choose my own path and write my own story. But, things happen like accidental paint splatters on blank parts of the white...

... parts you thought would be yours to decide.

But, that's the thrill of it, isn't it? Some stuff goes wrong, some stuff goes right. In life, there needs to be a balance.