chapter 22

"This system keeps getting worse and worse. I think it's going to break soon."

"No! It can't break! What would I do if it does?!"

"..."

"Obanai, are you tearing up?"

"Part twenty two. Get on with it."

"A-Alright then! Part twenty two!"

<< SELECTING POV... >>
<< POV SELECTED: MUICHIRO TOKITO >>
<< MUSIC DISC INSERTED!! >>
<< NOW PLAYING: GIVE ME YOUR - G(I)-DLE >>
<< CALIBRATING... >>

When I wake up, I can smell salmon in the air. My neck really hurts, I must've fell asleep in some really uncomfortable position.

I can hear distant laughing in the kitchen. How long did I sleep for?

"Y/N, he's finally awake!" That's Makomo. Looking over, she's peeking at me through the hallway. "It's still really early. You can sleep in!"

I pull the blanket off myself and yawn. "Nope, I'm already up. What are you guys doing?"

"Yuichiro and Y/N are fixing breakfast right now! It smells really good!" She chimes. I'm glad she's feeling better now.

Standing up off the couch, I walk over to the kitchen to see what Yuichiro and Y/N are doing.

"Dude, that's not gonna cook right!" She points at a pot, which I can only assume is miso soup.

"Watch me!" He retorts, smirking before vigorously stirring the pot.

I walk behind Y/N and hug her from behind. "Morning." I mumble. I'm still kind of sleepy.

She turns to me a pecks a kiss on my cheek. "You were in such an uncomfortable position on that couch. I feel really bad." Yuichiro's making gagging noises at the display of affection, but I don't really care.

I really like this. Makomo's blissfully running around and giggling while toying with Yuichiro. Everyone's getting along. I'm glad Y/N's also feeling better after yesterday.

"It's cooking fine! Makomo, come taste my cooking and tell me this shit doesn't taste like the best thing ever." My brother takes a spoon and takes a bit of soup in it, handing it to Makomo.

She carefully sips it before her eyes widen. "Salty! Really salty! Did you put the pickled plum in here too?!" Harmonious laughter erupts from all of us at her remark.

It's peaceful.

--

"Let's eat!" We all say in unison.

Steamed rice, salted salmon, seaweed, and miso soup is out spread on the table. This is so much tastier than whatever the fuck Y/N's parents were cooking.

"This is really tasty. Thank you." I say. I can't stop grinning 'cause of how delicious this food is.

"I saved the soup, thank goodness." Makomo pulls a piece of salmon to her lips.

Yuichiro pouts, before waving a poece of pickled plum around with his chopsticks. "That's cool and all, but who wants to see me eat this pickled plum in one bite?"