Prologue

A single tear trailed down her cheek at the possibility that she may never see him again, never smell his blood soaked sweat, hear his voice chastising her for not embracing her place among the ludus they both belonged to. He was known by all by his sword, by his shield, by his glory upon the sands, but to Erica he was only known by his touch, by his infectious smile when she entered the room, by the love she felt in his arms.

He was never just a champion adored by the public, He was her Lucius, Her love, her heart. And he would always be.

Rinsing the water from the cloth she stroked his skin cleaning him, her hands grazing over the numerous scars old and new. His steely eyes followed her movements as She cleansed away all dirt before she gathered his armor and carefully applied each piece. His shoulder, then his chest plate, Her breaths stalled as she stroked a small glimpse of his skin with her palms aware that it may well be the last time she ever felt him again. Another tear escaped then another as she finished securing his armor in place.

Watching her tear soaked cheeks, He gathered her chin into his palm and met her eye.

"We will see eachother again" he assured her.

Swallowing hard Erica wiped her face free of the tears endlessly falling.

"You cannot promise me that" She snapped angrily.

"I can" he demanded "In this life or the next I will see you again"

New story I am so excited for! Thank you fro reading let me know what you think!