Chapter 23: High Stakes

Monday, 12:00pm

Raizen High School

After the scuffle which took place at the festival venue, Shido and the girls headed back to school now that there wasn't much to do since they finished the necessary preparations at the festival, and on top of that needed to discuss with David and Reine about a new Sacred Gear user who knows of her own powers.

That person was Miku Izayoi, and she had been following Shido and the girls all the way back to Raizen High School, thinking about everything that's happened since her encounter with them at the auditorium.

Miku: "This is the first time someone has managed to resist my powers! But how?! Every time I order someone to do what I say, they would definitely do without any sign of resistance! But this...! Those girls with that boy somehow managed to be unaffected by my powers! I must investigate further! I can't allow any of my playthings to escape!"

Miku realised that she had followed Shido all the way back to Raizen High School, where she was denied entry since she was from another school. Miku decided to leave and think of how to approach them next time, when she would be prepared.

Meanwhile, Shido and the girls have all managed to recover from the effects Miku's scream had on their bodies which were thrown against the wall with lots of force. They casually walked back to school but were still concerned about Miku and what she would do after their encounter with her.

Yoshino worriedly asked: "Um... do you think Miku might come back and try to get revenge on us? Because I sense that she might not let what happened in the backstage area slide. A girl with that kind of attitude might have her ego crushed especially since we cornered her to the wall and exposed the fact that she has powers like us."

Yuzuru was also feeling shaken by the ordeal, yet she tried her best to calm everyone: "Analysis: Miku seemed pretty shocked that we all managed to resist her mind-controlling powers, that's definitely a telltale sign that she'll come back for a second round with us. However, she fled the scene and might be hiding as we speak. So I think we might be safe for now, let's just go back to school and meet up with Mr. and Mrs. Murasame."

Kaguya: "I'm with you on that one. Miku is definitely someone we can't reason with easily and with that stuck up attitude of hers, she might be entering her villain arc and possibly be scheming for vengeance. I'd rather plan this out instead of charging head first like I usually do."

Shido: "Well, we won't know what to do for sure until we come up with a full-proof plan. I still don't know how I'm supposed to attract a girl who downright hates men."

Everyone had mixed opinions on what to do next, but it was clear that none of them were going to get the team anywhere, so all of them settled on discussing a plan together with Shido's parents to guarantee a successful outcome with Miku recruited into the team.

Unfortunately for Shido and the girls, a former and familiar threat has returned to Tenguu City. Ellen Mathers, Westcott's right hand, had came back to Tenguu City along with loads of reinforcements including Artemisia Bell Ashcroft, the DEM Official responsible for forcing Origami to leave the company.

They were on orders to strictly monitor Shido's family once more, but this time more emphasis and focus had shifted to Shido's mother, Reine Murasame. According to Westcott, Reine is instrumental in helping him achieve godhood and dominance over the world by wiping out all humans and creating a new generation of people loyal to only him.

Given that Shido had already killed Jessica Bailey, a notorious DEM Wizard with the strength of a behemoth, which raised concerns regarding how they should approach him or his family again. But ultimately, their goal is to capture Reine Murasame and possibly the other Sacred Gear users.