52

Thrid person's pov.

It rained the day they buried Liam Valentino.

Everyone's heads were down, that matched with their black clothing they wore.

Not many people were allowed at the funeral even if it was Damien's Valentinos husband who had died. 

The man didn't allow anyone but close relatives to be there. 

If he could count in total there were twenty people which was a lot since Liam didn't have many close people to him. 

A few of Raphael's family members came. As well as Damien's relative who he allowed to come like two of his sisters since his younger brother was dead. 

Liam's sisters didn't come, and nobody knew the reason.

But another person who wasn't there was Damien because he was beside the casket, in a room alone with it. 

The people at the funeral only got to see a picture of Liam, and that was all. 

Except Liam's close friends who were allowed to say goodbye to their friend before they would bury him.

Damien was seated on a chair. 

One had on the closed casket as his head looked down at the floor while nothing seemed to matter to him.

He had lost the person he had loved the most, and he had not seen Liam in a month. 

It had been a month since he saw his husband, who was alive and well. 

And now after a month, Damien saw his husband dead and lying in a casket ready to be buried into the ground.

He wished to be buried with him since the days seemed colder and everything around him felt dim, because who else would Damien conquer the world for if they asked?

Damien was alone with Liam inside a room of the church as he still kept one of his hands on the closed casket. 

He didn't want to open it because seeing his husband's corpse once was good enough for him. 

Damien loathed the lifeless expression Liam had as he had uncovered his body back of the van. 

At that moment his world crumbled and void made its way into his heart. 

The man knew he would never recover from Liam's death, it had way too large of an impact on him.

How was he supposed to live now? That was a thought he already knew the answer for.

It didn't help that Noah's words as Damien saw him again after the accident, was on repeat in his mind,

"Liam couldn't stop telling how much he wanted to tell you that he loved you." 

Noah had spoken those words to Damien was the only sign of him accepting that his friend had passed on because Noah wasn't even at the funeral. 

He had to go to the hospital since his mind started to spiral out of control. Out of guilt that Noah couldn't have saved Liam even when he was the only one there.

As for Liam's best friend, Raphael, he hadn't spoken a word since the news of his friend's death. 

It was like Raphael's soul died with Liam, for they were best friends since they could remember and at some point in life they loved each other. 

Raphael had just started very slowly to heal from what had happened to him, and now his best friend was gone.

That's why Liam's funeral was low-spirited, and grim because his death was to unexpected.