29

LIAM

(A week later)

A week has passed since the start of something dangerous. 

I was so occupied with my plans and learning how to shoot better with the help of the woods that day and night didn't make a difference to me.

The relationship with my friends changed drastically after I murdered the two men, or maybe it was me who changed because I started to distance myself from them. 

To protect them from the void within me.

All of us were still in this together but some were still at the start line unlike me who was in the middle of it all. 

Every night we ate together, that was a policy Noah had created, and on those nights I could dream that everything was okay for a few moments.

We would talk about my old job at the restaurant, or Tyler's sex adventures.

I even got to ask the question if he had kids, to my surprise he had a vasectomy a few years back because he never had the desire to have a child or start a family. A few pets he could call his children would be good enough for him.

Would I get a pet once I'm a bit older? Children?  

Hell, I don't even know if I will be alive by next week due to my plan. It made me envy Tyler a bit who lived day by day, and so sure of himself when I had no idea half the time what I was doing.

What could I call this friendship? Partners in crime? Because all of us helped clean up the mess downstairs, and Jade even taught us how to get rid of the bodies which we did. Even Damien's mother. 

Corpses were rotting fast so I could not threaten the family with anything, and i was starting to get afraid of losing hope of revenge.

Telling my friends some extent of my plans got a horrible reaction out of them. 

They protested against it for my own safety but I assured them everything would be fine. 

But would it really?

I told them that I was going back to the city where Damien was with the spare car, and that I would talk with him, which was a lie. 

I would go to the city but not talk to him. Instead I chose another dangerous approach. 

Risking my own life in the process.

Communicating normally to Damien would actually be harder for me. I had the bracelet on, and he heard everything but that was where the communication ended.

That was how I realised that Damien craved for me to play along with whatever he was planning but little did he know that I had something of my own.

----------------

(Few hours later)

Once I had arrived in the huge city which Damien basically owned. 

I knew that I was heading into a trap but that was what I desired in the first place.

I knew exactly my destination, and it was the Cafe right before I got taken to Damien's car and signed the contract. The waiter of the Cafe had connections to Damien, and I was going to put good use to that.

The city streets were busy especially because it was lunch time, and all the stressful workers were roaming the streets trying to get a bite of food before their lunch ended. There were so many cars on the road that it put the traffic on hold.