Friends

Aether: This is awkward...

Rimuru: So... what was your name?

Venti: ahh! yes my name is venti, sir!

Rimuru: ....s-sir?

Venti: u-uhmm, sorry I'm just nervous with strangers...

they decided to chat at Sara's Restaurant.

Aether: sara-san, 4 roast chickens please! ahhh, one to take home!

Sara: coming soon!

Rimuru: so... venti it is. nice to meet you, my name is rimuru and- *looks at aether*

Aether: aether... my name is aether *smile*

Venti: y-yes, nice to meet you too!

Rimuru: So... aether? You said you saw him in the forest with paimon?

Aether: Yes. No doubt about it, it was him.

Venti: ahaha... you probably mistaken me for someone else... *smiles nervously*

Rimuru: hmm...

Aether: *chuckles* you can drop your act, we mean no harm *looks at rimuru* right?

Rimuru: hm? ahh... yes.

Venti: b-but I swear it's not me. I've been in mondstadt all this time... *putting on a fake smile*

Rimuru then looked at aether while tilting his head.

Rimuru: Are you sure it's him, aether?

Aether: uhhh, I'm pretty sure. but if you insist that it wasn't you, then so be it.

Sara: Here you go. Your roast chicken is here. ahh, this is also to take home

Aether: thank you

Rimuru: hmm~ *starts eating it*

Venti: By the way... I'll take my leave. I still have to perform at the angel's share *quickly stands up*

Rimuru: Angel's share?

Aether: It's basically a bar. This venti here is a bard judging by his appearance. *nom nom*

Rimuru: ohh! alright then. see you soon, also let's have a drink once in a while, venti! *smiles

Is that an invitation? An act of mercy? A trap?

venti couldn't stop thinking about all the possibilities... however, he couldn't sense any ill intent behind rimuru's words.

Maybe... it's not that bad if you think about it...

Venti: Yes! See you!

he starts walking away, with a big smile. A happy smile.

Venti: he's completely different. he's not the same Demon God I fought in the Archon Wars... *laughs* Rimuru was his name? I guess you can make friends if you try. I wonder what Morax is doing now...

???: Osmanthus wine tastes the sam-achoo! That's weird... someone must be talking about me.

----

Meanwhile... deep down in the abyss.

???(1): Princess... no matter how hard we pull, that sword will never be pulled out, let alone budge.

???(2): what should we do... Princess?

Princess: use any means to retrieve the sword.

As the princess order them, the two figures left the throne room in a hurry.

Princess: you promised me... you promised me to live happily ever after... with my family. and with your own sword... I will take that promise...

A dark aura came out of the princess, so terrifying, it screamed of souls who wanted revenge.

----

*click*
*click*
*click*

the sound of heels can be heard as they fill the empty room.

Signora: get ready. we will invade mondstadt in two days.

???(1): Understood, signora-sama!

???(2): the time has come...

----

An hour ago aether, lisa and paimon were investigating one of the temples of the four winds. everything went smoothly without any problems. same with kaeya and amber, they only found some "problems" and nothing else.

As for rimuru...

???: messing with time will only cause nothing but a trouble.

Rimuru: That means you'll stop me if things get worse? *smirk*

???: foolish. one don't have the power to stop you let alone match your true power. We may have the same trait which is Time, but yours is way powerful than mine.

Rimuru: hoo? why give up all of a sudden?

???: one has a body but no soul. It's the same with you. Comparing a god to a mortal.

Rimuru: *laughs* You are a God in your own...

???: Remember. time is cruel even to you, the Supreme One.

The figure slowly disappeared, becoming one with the void.

Rimuru: *chuckle* Let's go back, ciel.

Ciel: ...understood

-------

short chp, eh...
sorry, i'll write more next time🍷