Aspiration

inside the komore teahouse. there sat dino, aether. while paimon sat casually on aether's shoulder.

in front of them was none other than thoma.

Thoma: alright, welcome to the komore teahouse-

Dino: zzz...

he looked at the fallen angel and sweatsdropped at how quickly he fell asleep.

Paimon: oi wake up! *smack dino on the head*

Thoma: u-uhm.. anyway, before that- *looks at the aether* can this person be trusted? *glances at the sleeping dino*

Aether: yes... somehow... *smiles*

flashback...

after they introduced themselves, dino asked aether if he could come along.

plus, he didn't have mora.

at first, paimon rejected the idea, but after a few show-offs, they accepted him into their party.

huh? ohh, showing off? yeah. he summoned wind, and calls upon lightning.

just an ordinary magic trick that could easily make them gasp in amazement.

----

Thoma: so, back on topic... first of all, i apologize for the test you went through earlier. *smiles wryly* did i overdo it?

Aether: mmh... was that to test how determined we are?

Paimon: well, we're okay. just don't forget to treat paimon to a meal later!

Thoma: haha, alright then. before i take you to see the shirasagu himegimi, i want you to come with me to the statue of the omnipresent god.

confused, they asked thoma about this omnipresent god. to which he replied with "come with me. you'll soon find out what it is."

they agreed to follow thoma. left the komore teahouse and went to the statue. while dino was forgotten as he slept silently.

Dino: ain't no way i'm wandering around that place. once i get there, that lady's soldiers will probably try to catch me again *mutters*

welp, looks like he didn't sleep at all.

Dino: i'll... wait here... zzz-

----

they arrived at the large statue that had wings on its back.

Paimon: whoaaa. so what omnipresent god is this again?

Thoma: haha, it's called the statue of the omnipresent god *smile*

the closer they get to the statue, the heavier the space around it became.

as they walked closer to the statue, something seemed to glow from the statue. at first you might think it was just a trick of an eye.

but it's not.

Paimon: wait! the statue... is embedded with-

Thoma: visions.

aether was wide-eyed with shock as he could now clearly see not one but many visions embedded in the statue of the omnipresent god.

Paimon: y-you mean all the visions collected from the vision hunt decree were put into this statue!?

the little fairy shouted in surprise, to which thoma nodded in return.

Aether: why did they issue the vision hunt decree in the first place?

asked the golden boy as he brought his hand closer to the statue, touching one of the visions.