Danzig

Since it's October, here's a Misfits era Danzig story I wrote for my friend. Despite Misfits being a punk band, Danzig himself went on to do a sort of metal act in the 80s so I'll still be putting this story in this book.

It was Halloween and (Y/n) was on her way to her friend Glenn's house who invited her over to watch some horror movies. Upon hearing the knock at the door, Glenn opened the door and greeted (y/n).

"Okay, I brought a bag of chips and some soda, not much but should be enough for a few people." (Y/n) said as she held the items up in her hands.

"Actually, I didn't invite anybody else." Glenn said in a tone that (y/n) couldn't quite read.

"Well all right then, more for us." (Y/n) shrugged before setting the items down.

Glenn lived with a few of his bandmates, so (y/n) sort of expected them to be there as well.

"So the sun is still up, we got about thirty minutes until the program starts. What do we do for now?" Glenn asked.

(Y/n) shrugged in response.

Eventually the two decided on Glenn showing (y/n) a few songs he had recently written for the band. How ever, soon enough the clock had struck 7pm and the program was about to start.

"Wonder what movie they're gonna start with." (Y/n) said as she made her way down the stairs.

"Hoping something good." Glenn replied.

As the two sat down in front of the television, the host of the program began to introduce the first movie which was "Frankenstein". Following that was Creature from the Black Lagoon. Midway through the second movie, during one of the cuts for commercial (Y/n) looked over at Glenn to see he was staring at her. Just as (y/n) had fully turned her head and was about to question him, he placed both of his hands on her shoulders and planted a kiss on her lips.

(Y/n) stared at Glenn for a moment as she tried to process what had just happened.

Glenn, now worrying he may have made a mistake, looked on at (Y/n) while anticipating her response.

(Y/n) smirked, looked down and nodded before muttering a "Hmm."

There was a brief pause before she added "Glenn, now why'd you go and do that?" (Y/n) asked, the smirk still on her lips.

Glenn's only response was to shrug.

"Was it impulsive or did you have a warm, fuzzy feeling when you did that?"

"...The latter." (y/n) could see a timid smile on his lips as he said that.

"Is it just because we're in the dark watching movies or is it something that you'd been wanting to do?"

"... The latter." He chuckled as he repeated his response with the same timid smile.

(Y/n) smirked, not knowing what else to say so she leaned in and gave Glenn a kiss on the cheek before returning her attention to the television.

After a while, she noticed Glenn had disappeared. The more time had passed, the more (y/n) assumed he had gone to his room and had fallen asleep. (Y/n), not wanting to be a bad house guest, decided she'd clean up before taking her leave. She picked up the cups the two had been using and took them to the sink and tossed the now empty bag of chips into the trash can. As she was rinsing the cups, she noticed the light from the living room television set that she had been using to see in the kitchen had dimmed; as if someone was standing in front of it. (Y/n) switched off the faucet and looked towards the doorway.

There stood a figure in a black cloak and a skull mask. (Y/n) and the figure stared back at each other for a brief period of time, neither uttering a word. (Y/n) knew it was Glenn, well, at least she hoped it was. As (y/n) decided to take one step in the direction of the masked figure, that was the moment it decided to lunge towards her. (Y/n), still not giving much of a reaction, was now pressed between the figure and the kitchen counter. The two locked eyes once again and after a few seconds, (y/n) cautiously reached out her hand in an attempt to lift the mask. She did so, ever so slightly and soon revealed Glenn's face from underneath the piece of plastic. Another brief moment of silence before the two went in for a kiss at the same time. As things seemed to begin to escalate, the sound of the front doorknob turning caused the two to immediately seperate.

In walked Doyle and Jerry, both who headed directly to the kitchen and turned the light on. A bit of deja vu as the four stared back at each other in silence for a few moments.

"What the hell are you two doing just standing here in the dark?" Jerry asked in genuine confusion.

Glenn and (y/n) both looked at each other before looking back at the two men standing in the doorway.

"Getting soda."