Chapt. 29 ~ The Warning

"So? What do you want to do about this? The two demons clearly have a rivalry against each other. I would say it would be best not to interfere with either one of them and, let them solve it on however demons would solve their personal issues. But you sought out what you were looking for." 

Mute sat across from Miko with her eyes closed. She hummed while thinking about her answer. "I'm going to stay out of it. I don't know, nor do I want to know why Sebastian was there or why Claude had Ciel's rings. I want to finish what I started." 

"Which was?" Miko cocked an eyebrow with interest. 

"That boy..." 

"A boy? Details, Mute." 

"I thought you said you knew me." Mute teased, although her expression remained dense. Miko quickly gave Mute a glare before leaning over and pinching both of her cheeks. 

"And I thought you knew better than to play me at my own words." 

"Ow! Ow! Ow! That hurt... I'll tell you." 

"Good." Miko pulled away and waited patiently with her arms folded over her chest. 

"There isn't much to explain about him. His aura tells a lot." 

"His aura? That's what you got?" 

"The aura he gives off his followed by sorrow and loneliness. There is also something there that he thrives for. He is blindly walking down a path that will lead to despair." Mute said this as she stared off into space. The tension in the air was thick and suddenly got cold. 

"Way to put it mischievous." Miko broke the tension. "You mentioned that boy has a demon attached to him already and has 4 other demons at that mansion with him. How do you plan to carry out your idea if he's around those beasts? With Sebastian and Claude's rivalry, I do not think you can get anywhere near close to the child." 

"I have before Sebastian made his appearance. But I was found by Claude..." Mute frowned as if she was disappointed. "I don't intend on interfering with those demons. My only goal for now is getting to him." 

"If I may ask.. Why suddenly take an interest? It's not like you to be this primal with your desires~" Miko smirked. Mute stared at her for a while without answering. Until she tilted her head and said, 

"It's just as I said from before... His despair is great to ignore. I know I can save him." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mute appeared in Sebastian's bedroom that day hoping to find him as soon as possible. But he wasn't in the room when she arrived. It was the middle of the night and she thought he would be in his room in the dead hours of the night. 'Late night duties?' She wondered. There was only one way to get his attention. 

"Mind in a blender
So I just surrender to the thoughts in my head
They sting my like bees
I cry, and call them allergies
Nobody knows I'm a mess...

I don't want to talk about it
I don't want to talk about the monsters in my head 
I don't want to talk about it 
Don't want to talk about the double vision I get 
When I'm in the silence
The spinning gets violent
Do you want to try it?~" 

Mute smirked at the end of her verse, and without a second later Sebastian made his presence known by looming behind her. The smirk disappeared as she turned around to face him. "What a surprise this is..." He said with his eyes glowing demonically with lust and possession. 

"I want answers." She frowned. 

"To what?" 

"Something is wrong with your master's soul. It's not completely there. Back at the event, the whole time his soul was spiraling." Silence grew between the two creatures. "Tell me what is going on. I know it has something to do with Claude. He has something to do with his soul, doesn't he?" 

"He does." Sebastian replied plainly. He had no reason to lie or hide anything from his mate. 

"What are you planning?" Mute looked up at him. 'He's onto something.' 

"You will see, Milady. I don't intend to hide anything from you." Sebastian cupped her cheek. "I'm inviting you to join my Master and I on a small upcoming trip. I hope you join us, since last vacation was a failure." He sighed at the end of his sentence at the memory. 

"Are you aware that Claude has a master of his own? What do you plan to do once you and him cross paths again?" 

"Why does that matter?" Sebastian's voice suddenly turned cold. 

"Because it matters to me..." Mute's voice growled while balling her hand into a tight fist. "Do not get in my way... Do I have to show you what happens if you dare to interfere...?" The floor beneath them turned black. Mute's head hung with her hair shading her eyes. 

Sebastian blinked when seeing his own breath and realizing that the temperature of the room was dropping. He looked back to see Mute's eyes glowing in the dark and her form slowly changing. This was the first time Sebastian has seen mute get this serious. But this also let out a warning. One and final warning. 

"Do not dare interfere..." Mute warned again. The room went back to normal, and Mute was no longer in the room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~