XII

promise.

Hwang yeji pov

"you're late. Hwang Yeji" My best friend. my buddy. my roommate. staring at me with hatred. why? what did i do to deserve your hatred eyes.

"what the hell are you saying." my eyes widen. as i feel tears forming. my heart ache before i watch my best friend leave.

it was wrong. it was wrong. its wrong!

"shin.."

"hwang Yeji. i don't know wanna be your friend anymore"

the bitter words. finally hits me.

no one pov

ryujin slowly turned her back to them. non of them could say anything. not even yeji herself. before yeji realised. something inside ryujin died long time ago.

yeji raise her hand to reach for ryujin but her ego stopped her. her anger turned into sadness. she watched her best leaving.

so then. ryujin gets inside the bus. and when the bus start moving yeji felt something died. something inside is broken.

yeji then fell on her knees. the group was stunned.

"you fucking promised." yeji whispered under her breath.
.
.
.
.
.

"Shin ryujin right?" A girl sat beside ryujin. ryujin raised her eyebrow as she sat beside her.

"yeah. i don't remember being popular" Ryujin looked outside the window.

the girl softly giggled. she talked to ryujin about the school but then the girl just stared at ryujin

"why did you transfer?" the girl asked and ryujin kept quiet. she didn't know. she just wanted to escape from everything. the pain and bitterness.

"you really don't wanna hear the truth do you?" ryujin widen her eyes. she turned her head to the girl as she finally met her eyes with the girl.

"Jeongyeon?"

.
.
.
.

"Ryujin transfer to the samcheong college?!" nayeon felt her eyes tearing. jihyo was shocked. knowing the whole story.

"why?" Jihyo asked.

Yeji kept quiet. Her hand were on her chin as she sat spreading her legs. she looked down as she was depressed about that.

hyunjin sighed.

"we don't know." He replied. jihyo narrowed her eyes.

"it's okay Yeji. it's going to be okay" Jihyo said softly as she sat beside her. yeji kept quiet she was really upset.

Jisu looked at yeji. worried at the tall girl sadness.. Jisu then sat beside Yeji as she lean her head on the tall girl shoulder. the tall girl immediately change her position to make the short girl feel comfortable.

"is.. leaving a best decision?" Yeji asked softly. her voice is deep and rough. as if she was enduring the pain.

"obviously not. but we have to give ryujin a space alright?" Yeji sighed hearing Jisu response. Yeji looked up the celling.

5 years ago
Hwang yeji pov

i was closing my eyes and then a ball fell to my stomach.

"ow! what the hell?!" I sat up and saw a beautiful short girl. her hair were short. blue hair and she was staring at me..

"sorry, but volleyball court is not for sleeping" she say sternly. i rolled my eyes and i stand up.

"do you fucking realise who the hell you're messing with?!" i grab her collar and i noticed the same eyes.

"are you.. Lee chaeryeong friend?" i raised my eyebrows..

"yeah. now get off" she pushed me and i gritted my teeth. the coach stopped us and i was assign to clean the court with her. she was quiet.

"whats your name loser" i said while cleaning the floor. she sighed and she kept quiet ignoring my questions.

i rolled my eyes. we both continue cleaning the court and i was about to leave and she does too. we walked together but we haven't talk. but then we reach at the gate.

"Shin ryujin" she said and she is walked away to the other direction.

shin.. ryujin.

3 years then

"shin ryujin!!" i shouted and we were running at the halls. it was funny because we used to hate each other.

i used to steal her food and she would whine. we both were walking home suddenly ryujin kicked my legs. i gritted my teeth and i chase her.

she then jump over the river.. i was amazed. she smiled and she chuckled.

"hwang Yeji the braver! jump over the river and you will then get the answer from me!" she said as she was move swiftly.

i grinned. i took a few stepped back and i jumped. i was scared but i did. i almost reach the edge but then i didn't. i almost fall but then ryujin catched my hand. my eyes widen.

"you are really brave." she chuckled. she pulled me and now we're both were enjoying the sunset.

we were eating the chips and i was enjoying the sunset.

"your question shall i answer." ryujin blurted it out. i raised my eyebrows.

i smiled as i waited for her answered.

"i, Shin ryujin. Will be your best friend and i will not leave you. Pinky promise." she said as she raise her pinky promise. i chuckled and i did a pinky promise too.

our finger intertwined.

we promised.

"i, hwang Yeji. no matter the hard obstacles is. i will be on your side. Pinky promise."

"you promised."
"you promised too stupid."
.
.
.
.

...

i opened my eyes when i finally remembered the promise. i felt my heart breaking.

you promised me ryujin.

ryujin pov

"the truth is. i broke up with nayeon. so to not break her reputation. i transfered" jeongyeon chuckled. i looked down.

"you must love her" i said softly.. i looked down. i remember liking Jisu so much i always call her lia. i like that name more than Jisu.

"i really do" jeongyeon leaned on the chair as she was closing her eyes. i looked down.

will.. i ever find love?

Jisu pov

yeji fell asleep on my shoulder. i smiled softly as i reached for her hand. we held hands as i lean my head on her head.

"it's going to be okay stupid cat" i chuckled as i caressed her hand. i felt a giggles and i noticed she was awake. i blushed and she didn't let go of my hand.

"thank you my sloth" she said and i felt myself melting. thank you yeji. for coming to me.

"hey Jisu. do a promise for me" Yeji said. i raised my eyebrows and i nodded.

"what is it?" i asked and then she raised her head she smiled at me and our eyes met. how everything turned slow and nice. i looked at her wet eyes. shes been holding the tears i know.

"promise me. you will stay" she said. and i smiled.

"i promise."

she giggled and we continue to cuddle on the stairs..

i really promise. i won't let a single soul hurt you.
.
.
.
.
.
.

to be continue