Chapter 10: Don't make a scene.

While we are driving to the director in Lee's car, I notice that Parker is wearing his seatbelt again, like he is suppose to. I smile to myself at least he learned something from it. 

'Don't you have jazz? This gives me a headache.' Parker whines as he tries to change Lee's upbeat music. 

'Fine, but if I fall asleep, it's your fault.' He tells him. 

Parker changes the music to something soothing. I get why he likes jazz. It feels like your racing mind is getting stopped by just focussing on the calm wave of jazz. It's not an overload of overstimulation like Lee's music is. It's the opposite, like a warm bath after a long day, with a cup of tea in your hand. 

Sadly we arrive at the building way too soon for my liking and have to get out. I dread this moment. I feel like not the netizens or fans are ending his career, no. He is fireballing it himself into the abyss. I still don't get why it's up to me and Lee, to help Parker. Where is his father? The friends that came over Sunday? Now is not the time to ask him.Just being there helps. We are in this together at last. 

I don't know anything about him I realize, besides a few simple things like the banana milk, speaking four languages and him always being late. He likes spicy food and the color blue. He hates rain, likes fancy rings that match. He lost his mom and is about to lose his career right now.

I myself have not been the best partner I could be through this, let's say not ideal situation. I think he triggers me on the traits I don't have. Carefree, not giving a single second thought about anything he does or anyone for that matter. He is just unapologetically himself, being weird and charismatic at the same time. I always care about what others think about me. I want everyone to like me. I care too much, I always change myself to be what they need or want me to be. But that's not how I have been acting with Parker. I did not help him at all. I always snapped at him and made remarks back, even though he did the same I should've known better. I need to stop mirroring his behavior. 

We are only a week in and we both screwed up.

The elevator makes me nervous. This building is huge and the beautiful view of the city when you fly up 22 floors, does not really help when you are this nervous. 

With sweaty hands I try to stay calm and sneak a glance at Parker. He is right next to me and looks nervous. I subtly touch the back of his hand with mine for a second. He looks down at it and does nothing. I just hope he knows that I am here with him and I am on his side. 

Stay calm I tell myself. What happens to Parker when he fires him? Will I get fired too?

The assistent picks us up when we step out the elevator. She brings us up to the board room and we step in. The three of us bow to director Joon-ho. He is in there alone, which scares me even more. 

I take the seat next to Parker, Lee is on his other side. It feels safe to side with them like this. We feel like a team. 

'Thank you for coming.' Director Joon-ho says serious. I feel like my life is hanging on a thread.

'Thank you, director Joon-ho. We are here to disclose what happened last night or rather this week.' Lee begins. 

Parker begins to take over. 

'Yesterday I had a hard time with how filming went because of me. I felt like a disappointment not only to myself but to you, Jennie and the rest of the hardworking crew. I took a hit, it's hard for me to play a role like this. I have never been in love. I have only been disappointed in love my whole life, by family, friends and a woman I thought I loved. I tend to run from my problems by partying, drinking and sleeping around. That's exactly what I did last night. Jennie scolded me for it. I think that made me realize that I am the problem. I have been for a long time. I am sorry for involving you all in this. I am getting the help I need right now. I understand if you don't want to go along with the show anymore. But I hope you will at least keep Jennie on. She has nothing to do with this, she gave everything for this.' He states and bows again to say sorry. He looks scared.