Chapter 11: You are the more popular one.

My Saturday is a day off, without Parker. He is not there in the morning when I wake up. 

I find a note on the kitchen counter that says breakfast is in the fridge and to have a nice day. 

There is a perfect iced coffee and some funny looking pancakes. I laugh at it, since it visible that Parker made these himself. It's cute. 

Today I decided to go shopping on my own. My decision to put my fear aside and just do what I like to do, makes today the perfect day to do something on my own. Tonight we have the big event, which I look forward too, because Parker and Lee will be there with me. I like them having my back, I don't feel alone around them. I can get quite nervous for events, always worrying about what others think of me or rumors they make up about me. I am kind of shy for a famous person when it comes to big events. The red carpet makes me shiver and shake most of the time. But I can't skip it. 

I am walking through the shopping centre and into the bag store.

I am browsing through as someone approaches me.

'Miss, can I help you?' She asks me.

'No, thank you. I am just looking.' I tell her with a smile, but you can't see it because of my mask. I also have my sunglasses on. It looks a little weird, but it cold and sunny outside so it does make more sense. I could have a migraine and wear my sunglasses due to the bright light. 

Looking at the bags, there is not one that catches my attention. I don't have a lot of luck today with shopping as I keep looking around hesitantly.  

 As I walk out of the store I bump into someone.

'I am sorry.' I say as I bow.

I just hear the man laugh and recognize it right away. 

'Jennie... You bumped into me on purpose didn't you?' He asks me and I look up at him.

'Parker...' I sigh as I am met with his smug smile and recognize his voice instantly. 

He is wearing his signature cap and a mask. Just like I am wearing sunglasses and a mask. You can only see his deep brown eyes. You won't easily recognize him I think, it's just because I know  his voice and see his eyes right now. 

'Let me shop in peace.' I state. 'This is my only day off...'

'No man would leave his wife alone to shop, I have to make sure you don't spend our money and you're safe. Why are you even alone right now?' 

'Our money?' I laugh. 'You are ridiculous.....' 

'I am fine on my own, spending MY money.' I say as I push past him.

'Nuhhhuuu.. I found a new purpose for my shopping trip.' He laughs.

'If I yell your name loud enough, you will be mobbed. Or I can tell the police you are stalking me. I will let you choose.' I threaten him as he follows me closely.

'You would never do that as it's the reason why you are so jumpy on our own. You look like a scared bunny shopping around on your own.' He states. 

'I am not a scared bunny.' I try to lie to him as it does make me nervous. Shopping alone makes the shop employees focus on you whenever you step inside the store. Other people will look at you too. Shopping with more people divides the attention, which makes it less likely that you will be recognized. I would feel better with Parker tagging along, but I don't want to admit it. 

'Are you sure, you are fine on your own? Why didn't you ask me? We should do things that scare us together. You are scared because you are doing that nervous hair thing...' He states seriously now as he looks down at me rubbing the end of my hair in between my thumb and index finger.