Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Fragments of Memories

A lone woman stood on a cliffside, she wore a cloak that concealed her face and body as she stood over the city of Hashbul, watching chaos ensue. But it all stopped once she saw the green light, she felt that presence before. She knew what it was, a single tear flowed down her cheeks. She walked away and she looked ahead as multiple cloaked figures were in front of her.

"Let's go,"

She walked past them as they followed behind her, disappearing into the forest.

???

In a space where broken rumble floats aimlessly in the space as in the center of the space was a courtroom. The space was devoid of barely any light, in the courtroom stood a puppet that had yellow hair with a some sort of blind fold on.

But she wasn't the only one in the room, many puppets were in that room that all looked like the puppet in the middle. The one in the middle slammed down a pammel as it got the attention of the many puppets in the room.

"Attention, attention!" The puppet demanded.

"We need to discuss the next phase of our plan," the puppet announced.

"Why, we just do the usual, do our own things, it works all the time," a puppet in the seats called out.

"Yeah! It's working smoothly so far, now we just need the other Herrscher cores and then we can destroy humanity,"

"Yeah!" The puppets agreed. But they were silenced once more by the puppet with the pammel.

"Did you not feel that power just now?"

The puppets looked at each other as they nodded agreement. "Indeed, that power surge was strange, almost too familiar and dangerous,"

"Indeed it is because whatever that power surge is, it's still alive and growing with every second," the puppet explained.

"So? What should we do? Kill the source?"

"How? We can't track it anymore!"

The puppets started to argue with one another, trying to find a solution.

"Silence!"

Everyone fell silent as they looked at the center of the courtroom.

"The human Herrschers are close to each other. And I'm sure they wouldn't ignore a power surge that strong, even the Will of Honkai is telling us to destroy it,"

They all looked at each other, hearing their master's name. "It's fine, because we are Herrschers,"

They all stood up as they all giggled maniacally.

"We are the Legion,"

Hashbul City

It seemed like time slowed down as Izuku kept watching the girl in front of him approach. He held the little girl in order to shield her from the incoming debris.

As the girl was now close to Izuku, her purple gaze scanning the boy. Izuku didn't move, he was so caught in her eyes. But for some reason deep down, a cold feeling brewed within, he didn't know why but he shoved it down.

"Are you two alright?" She asked.

Izuku snapped out of it as he nodded in response.

"Good, please evacuate immediately," her voice was stern but gentle at the same time.

Izuku stood up as he carried the girl to the mother who was crying her heart out.

"Here you go ma'am," she handed her child to her as the mother was relieved and embraced her child. Apologizing to the child,