Chapter 4

Encountering Memories

"You want me to do what exactly?" Mei was having a hard time understanding what she was told as Raven just sighed.

"Get close to the target and observe him, if he can fully restore his memories then he could be an asset to the World Serpent, that is what Gray Serpent said," Raven explained as Mei just sighed as she sat on her bed in the small hotel that they bought. True, getting close to the boy was a plan and learning more about him but did it really have to be her? They have many agents, they could send someone undercover and get close to him.

"And how will this get any answers from him," Mei questioned.

"Who knows, all they care about is that whether if he's a Herrscher or not,"

Mei just frowned from hearing that, but what was really strange about this mission was the strange call from Kevin.

A Few Hours Ago

After she had sent the photo 30 minutes ago. On her way to the hotel that Raven booked, she received a phone call as she looked at it, it was Kevin.

She swiped the answer button, "Hello?"

"What do you know as of now from the boy?"

Mei was shocked to hear Kevin interested in this, "He works at a cafe shop and goes to school here in this city,"

It was silent for a moment as she then heard, "Anything else,"

Mei thought this was strange as she continued to report.

"He goes by Izuku Forthbright, adopted by Henry Forthbright, he's also hiding something inside of him though I don't think it's a Herrscher core,"

Kevin made a hum sound, signaling that he was listening.

"Also, he has amnesia so he doesn't really know who he is,"

This stopped Kevin in his tracks, "Oh? Does he know anything else?,"

"No, he can't remember a thing,"

It stayed silent for a few minutes as he then said, "Okay, thank you for the report, for now, I want you to keep a close eye on him,"

"Kevin,"

"What is it?"

"Why are you so interested in him?"

Mei was met with silence as he didn't say anything, Mei thought that he ended the call but then he spoke.

"It's nothing...just focus on the mission,"

He then ended the call, leaving Mei with more questions in her head. Mei was wondering who Izuku truly is.

Present

Raven poured a cup of tea as she handed the cup to Mei. The latter grabbed it as she looked at Raven.

"Anything else that I should be aware of the mission,"

Raven shrugged, "Just make sure you get close to him,"

Mei stayed silent as she looked at the cup, wondering why Kevin was so focused on this individual?

With Izuku

Three days have passed since, Izuku returned to school as he was sitting in class, he was still wondering about that memory that played. Izuku wanted to know more about himself, day by day his memories kept coming but it was hard to depict what he did and who he was in the past.