The Power of the Mind/ Projections

The mind is the center of all things, and it is where all things dwell. In order to experience both the natural and spiritual worlds, one must have a mind, otherwise they cannot sense their surroundings and cease to exist. No matter what belief system you may have, it is fundamental to almost all beliefs that the mind is a powerful tool. It is where thoughts persist, and where actions occur mentally before they occur physically. In order to master the world, one must master the mind.

Before we go any further, let me define a phrase here that I will be using in later chapters.

Projections: When you hear this word, you may think of a projector, a device that "projects" an image onto a screen. Think of your mind as a projector, which creates "projections". All your opinions, actions, and words act as projections onto people and onto ideas. You may think "I don't like that person" and you project this idea onto that person by acting accordingly. As stated before, since all of humanity is from a higher source, and is therefore connected to one higher mind, there are also societal projections. These are gender norms, manners, clothing, government, and culture as a whole. Projections are not inherently bad, but when one believes these projections are real and set in stone, a prison is formed around the mind.