Broken | j.o (h.g)

I walked through the corridors of Hogwarts, tears streaming down my cheeks, my breath uneven, and my chest aching

I walked through the corridors of Hogwarts, tears streaming down my cheeks, my breath uneven, and my chest aching. My vision was blurred by the tears, and audible sobs escaped my lips. I just wanted to get out of that cursed place.

Still, I could vividly recall the image of her eyes widening in surprise, and that hurt so much.

Flashback:

With a smile on my face, I entered through the portrait of the Fat Lady, arriving in the Gryffindor common room. I had just finished Quidditch practice and had achieved excellent results. All I wanted to do now was to fall asleep in the arms of my girlfriend, Hermione.

I smiled just at the thought of her name.

I hurriedly climbed the stairs and walked toward my destination. When I reached our shared room, I noticed the door was slightly ajar.

"That's strange... Hermione never leaves the door open."

Instinctively, I reached for my wand and cautiously entered, ready to confront anyone who had entered without permission. I slowly closed the door behind me, and strange noises came from inside.

The sounds grew louder and clearer.

"What on earth is this?"

I opened the door, and my world crumbled before my eyes. My body temperature plummeted, and I could hear the sound of my heart breaking into a thousand pieces. I still couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Hermione was kissing Ron.

The brunette had her arms around Ron's neck, pulling the redhead closer to her, their lips locked in a passionate kiss.

My fingers loosened their grip on the wand, and it fell to the floor, drawing the attention of the two lovers. Hermione's eyes widened as she saw my tear-filled eyes, and she quickly pushed Ron away, covering herself hurriedly.

"Love, it's not what it looks like."

End of Flashback:

I stopped and realized I was standing in front of the Ravenclaw house. Unconsciously, I had arrived at Jenna Ortega's house, my best friend.

I wiped my eyes with my sleeve and bit my lip, trying to contain the hiccup that threatened to escape. I took a step forward and slipped through the door, which was opened by a student leaving at that moment.

I made my way toward the rooms, stopping abruptly when I heard noises coming from a corner of the Common Room.

Laughter could be heard in the distance near the sofas.

I headed toward the sound of laughter and spotted Jenna's characteristic raven-black hair in the distance. The young Ravenclaw was laughing, probably at some lousy jokes from Enid. My attention focused on Jenna's profile: her delicately upturned nose, her brown eyes shining as they turned toward her friends, and her heart-shaped lips forming a shy smile. I watched as a dimple formed on her cheek each time she raised the corners of her lips.