九 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 (𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙄)

«Here we are.»

Nina's voice woke you from your temporary thoughts, as you sat next to her in the car. She had offered to accompany you for that important date and for the occasion, you were absolutely flawless.

«Are you ready, Reira?» You hated when she called you with that name, she still treated you like you were this person and not the real you «This evening will be decisive. Contact me when you're done...good luck.»

You nodded silently and before getting out of the car, you took a small, but important bag with you...if things turned in your favor, the object inside would be very useful.

«What if it wasn't enough to kill him?» You gave the cold-eyed woman another look with your deceptive appearance, yet showing discomfort in what you were about to do. But unlike you, Nina was quite calm.

«It will be enough, if you do it right. That's why you'll have to get as close to him as possible.»

You didn't ask any more questions and finally, you put your foot out of the car. You didn't turn around again and there, Nina made a quick call to someone.

«It's me. Everything is going as planned. She doesn't suspect anything, she believed everything I told her...»

The mature voice on the phone listened to the blonde carefully with a grin plastered under his gray mustache; she interrupted the conversation for herself when a black car stopped next to her.

«He's here too. I'll keep you updated, sir

Nina broke off contact and left the place without a trace. Everything depended on you now and if you did it right, she would finally have the satisfaction of seeing that man dead forever.

Along with his Devil gene.

• ● •

When you crossed the threshold of that luxurious restaurant, the waiter kindly accompanied you to the table, reserved in another room. Kazuya hadn't arrived yet and the wait made you more nervous and hot, maybe it was a bad idea to keep your hair down...

Later, you saw a large figure appear against the light.

«Here is your reserved table, Mr. Mishima.» The waiter announced to the new arrival and you stood up from your seat. Despite his constant frowning, Kazuya looked like the richest gentleman in the world.

«Don't like what you see?» You asked when saw him in a smart black suit and a long jacket, which he took off later «I thought you liked red...»

Kazuya studied your appearance, you weren't wearing a dress like the other times, but a red lace top and a black skirt above the knee, as the rest of your skin was covered by the mass of black hair; you were beautiful if not stunning, but he chose not to reveal that and tried not to make it too obvious by taking his gaze away from you.

«Mpf, good thing I didn't choose the main room, it would have been boring to kill everyone.» Kazuya replied after taking a seat in front of you, crossing fingers under chin; by now, you expected him to be jealous of you, but hearing that made you smile in satisfaction, that means Kazuya was really into you.

Later, the waiter came to take your orders, watching you chatting like a couple of lovers; to your surprise, it wasn't bad and when you spoke, Kazuya listened attentively to everything you said with a clear expression, until it was your turn to ask a question.

«And you? Why you didn't get married?» That was a personal one and you weren't sure he would answer; but if Jin was really his son, then there must have been an important woman in his life.