Chapter 4 - Mustangs and Hangovers

The next morning Bulma slept in. She woke up with a splitting headache, her stomach churning in on itself.

She should have eaten dinner with her wine.

It was difficult, because she was somehow still intoxicated. Her steps felt dizzy as she made her way to the bathroom chambers connected to her room...

After what felt like half on hour of retching her sickness into the toilet, Bulma returned to bed. She would not be eating breakfast today.

-

Knock, knock, knock.

Why did Maron always have to bother her lately? Bulma groaned. She had no idea how long she'd dozed off for, but she felt just as wretched as she did when she'd woken up earlier.

The knocking continued at the door, until finally it just creaked open on its own.

"Princess?" A soft voice asked.

"Chi-Chi," Bulma replied painfully. She wasn't yet ready to open her eyes, but she could hear her best friend lightly toeing across the room.

"I brought you something," Chi-Chi said. "Are you able to sit up?"

Groaning, Bulma pushed herself up in bed. Luckily her stomach had calmed down a bit, but she still felt that it could turn on her at any second. Before she realized it, a tray was being set on her lap. "Bread?"

"Yes, eat up. The bread will help you feel better." Chi-Chi said, her voice just as calm as before. "And the water - drink as much as you can. You must be so dehydrated."

It was the last thing she wanted to do, but Bulma dutifully listened to her friend. There was a giant loaf on her tray, and she ate two thirds of it slowly, but surely. Chi-Chi poured several glasses of water for her from a pitcher she'd brought from the kitchen.

Much to Bulma's surprise, her friend was right. It wasn't immediate, but she felt much more energized than she had before. And her headache was starting to subside - if only a little. She felt more like talking now.

"How did you know?" Bulma asked appreciatively.

"A friend of a friend mentioned it to me," Chi-Chi replied. She took the tray off of the bed and had a seat beside the Princess.

"Who?" Bulma asked.

"Well, if you must know, I guess I'll tell you. Kakarot and I have been... enjoying each other's company."

"Is that why I haven't seen you much these last few days?" Bulma smiled. "But how did Kakarot know?"

"Well, he didn't. See, I was having breakfast with him this morning, and the Prince approached us. He was mostly talking to Kakarot, but I was in on the conversation." Chi-Chi explained. "He mentioned that you probably wouldn't be showing yourself much today, and was asking Kakarot if he wanted to train."

"Oh, how thoughtful of him..." Bulma sighed sarcastically.

"It was thoughtful, actually. For he was the one that suggested to me that I bring you the bread and water. He said you'd been drinking on an empty stomach last night and would need the carbs and hydration."

"He did?" Bulma felt her cheeks reddening. She could vaguely remember the night before. She'd mentioned something about oranges... Vegeta had offered to escort her... The rest was a bit of a blur. The only real memory she had after that was laying in bed and listening to the door shut as someone made their way out of the room.

"Yes, so it really was thoughtful. I've been wanting to pay you a visit anyway." Chi-Chi smiled. She put a hand on Bulma's, patting it carefully. "Are you alright? This is so unlike you, Princess."