○Chapter Nine○

TW: Self-harm, but.. different?

Enjoy

My legs were curled against my chest. The cracks bleeding underneath the heavily wrapped bandages.

Bird crept from behind my bed and just stared. "Crack..?" She looked so.. worried. So fearful.

"I'm fine, Bird... go to your sister..." I spoke softly.

She shook her head, denying my request. "No. You bleeding..." she placed her hands on the two spots wrapped in bandages. Her nails were oddly sharpened, and she dug into the bandages, tearing them off.

"Bird, what are you doing?" I asked with a worried tone as she removed the stuck on bandages.

A frown formed upon her face. With them being stuck to my body, she had to tear and pull, taking my cracked skin with it. I wanted to scream, but I feared Eclipse, or even Mars or Solar, would hear me, do I bit my lip tightly.

The white, blood coated bandages landed on the bed. I looked at them, the outer, mostly seen part was white. The inner part, the parts that were sticky, was a yellow color.

I touched it with one finger, and it stuck. It didn't peel off skin... but it hurt? It felt like a needle was poking my skin?

"Crack..." she grabbed the bandages away and threw it in the trashcan. Her not so happy face showed clear worry. "No touching... it bad.."

"Bird, why do you speak in chopped sentences?" I asked, hoping it wasn't sensitive. I also avoided trying to continue this conversation about the cracks on my skin and the bandages, but it won't work forever..

She stared in my eyes. Bird smiled softly, "I can speak normally. I'm just used to speaking like that with the others, since they talk like that."

I was stunned by her speaking actual sentences. My mouth opened, but nothing came out.

"Anyways, don't touch the bandages... it had a poison kind of thing," she said as she stood up. "I won't let you die here, Y/N. Me, my 'family', Sun, and Moon promise that."

My head tilted to the side. Yeah, I figured Sun and Moon didn't like what they were doing, but to make such a promise to someone they didn't know? Why did they have so much feeling toward me? "Sun and Moon?"

"Mhm," was all Bird responded with. She turned to the door, peered out, and before leaving, she said, "I'll visit every day. We can't have you dying, and... we will make sure that, if anyone were to be free, it'll be you..."

"Bird..."

She looked at me. "Call me Cynthia when it's just us, Bird is only for around other people." She then left without another word.

I looked down at my, probably scarred, wrist. The cracked flesh felt so uncomfortable... I just want to tear it off.. I want to tear my skin off. This feeling is torture, and I want it to end.

Taking a look at my nails, I noticed how dull they were. With a small sigh, I tried to find anything I could to sharpen them.

Somehow, I made my nails sharp. And... I dug them into the bloodied, cracked wrist. Forcing my nails under, and I tried to pull it off, but... the pain was too much... but I could just ignore it. So I did, I had to carve chunks before peeling my flesh off my bones.

Before I could even get halfway up my arm, I heard someone speak...

"Y/N, what the hell...?"

Heya!

Uhm... I basically just woke up when I made this, and... I don't know what my brain was thinking, but I hope it was good, hehe...

Now then, have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

622 Words