○Chapter Twenty○

Enjoy

I removed myself from Moon and got to Theo's height. "Paint, buddy, were does it burn?"

He lifted his wrist to me. His shirt covered it, but his finger pointed out where the vein would be. "It's so... itchy..."

"Don't scratch it, bud. It'll end up like mine..." I looked at Sun and Moon, who knew what I wanted. The younger got the bandages that were always used for me. I held his wrist and pulled his sleeve up.

Paint let out a small squeal at the sight of the cracking skin. I shushed him in a calming manner. Putting the bandages on a squirming child wasn't easy, but I knew how. I've done so before when they scratched their knee on the road after falling from their bike.

"Y/N..." I heard Gina ask. I turned to them, and they pointed at their wrist. Their dominant wrist. Jacky did the same.

I sighed, ignoring the constant sight of being watched. To them, they probably thought I was faking being so... sickly. I wanted the other two to lift their wrists to me. They complied, and I bandaged their wrists up, too.

I could tell they hated the wrapping over their skin that felt like was on literal fire. Their small nails tried to dig up the bandages already. My face formed a frown as I grabbed their wrists gently, but harshly enough, so they couldn't wriggle the wrists from my grip. Theo was being held by my right hand, Gina was held by my left, and thankfully, Sun was kind enough to hold Jacky's hand.

The room was quiet. And they all stared at me. Their eyes focused on every single move I made. Mentally, I panicked. That was before Bird brought their attention back to her. She let out a small cough before briefly asking me. "Crack, do you know when the owners go to bed?"

"Mrs Shine goes to bed from the times of 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. and then awakens around noon. Mr Shine goes to bed around midnight every night. Typically, he wakes up at 7 a.m. or sometimes 8." I spoke quickly. She wrote it down just as quickly. She was about to ask something else or divert the topic to more in-depth escape routes, but I spoke again. "Mars goes to bed around 2 a.m. just to wake up around 10 a.m."

Once again, they all looked at me. Even the twins were concerned and confused. Sun asked me, "How do you know that?"

"Side effect to the pills make me awake at night, so I've had time to look around and find things out," I answered right away. It was half a lie, I suppose.

Heya!

Short chapter, I know, I know.... Sorry. Uhm, it's just.. I have some motivation left to spare.

Anyways! Have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

484 Words