44. Let's keep this between us

The two were lost between space and time as they were kissing on Kaylee's bed, legs entwined and arms gently tracing each other's body over their clothes as if they couldn't get enough. Occasional giggles were heard as Barrett apparently got jealous over the loss of attention and tried to lick their faces and split them apart from their make out session. Eventually they gave in and pulled away for much needed air, also Danielle's grumbling stomach which wouldn't stop making noise gave away her hunger so that was their cue to go downstairs.

"Someone's ready for breakfast."

"Only a tiny bit hungry." Danielle smiled but in fact she was definitely ready to consume whatever Kaylee's mom was preparing.

"Heyy mom!! We are here- did you feed Barrett his breakfast?"

"No darling, I haven't gotten to it yet. Please do it?"

"Something smells deliciously nice!"

Danielle beams with excitement upon smelling the breakfast and seeing that the older woman had prepared pancakes for them. Studying had definitely triggered her appetite and the girl was in for a treat.

"Mom's special recipe." Kaylee poured some dry food into the dog's bowl and then moved behind Danielle, sneaking two arms around her waistline and resting her chin on her shoulder, the other girl smiled at the action and the closeness between them, along with feeling slightly shy.

"You're totally spoiling me here, Miss Bryant. You didn't have to do all this you know.''

"Oh don't worry about it love, as long as you're staying here you gotta get used to that. How were the books, by the way? Did they help with your research?"

"Yes, indeed. But I need a bit more time as I haven't finished the assignment."

"How long will you be staying for?"

"Probably just tonight."

"That's not nearly enough time to spoil you."

"I know, but I have classes and then I have to practice my scripts I'm sure you don't want to hear about my crazy fantasy dialogues while pretending to be Hope Mikaelson."

"I'm sure Kaylee can help with that. Aren't you having to film scenes together anyway?"

"Not nearly as many as we'd like, unfortunately." Danielle sighed and Kaylee simply noded her head in total agreement.

The woman looked at the two girls smiling at the sight in front of her, she was about to say they looked good together but knew her daughter would potentially kill her and end up looking like a red tomato so she kept it for herself, for now.

They all settled down and ate breakfast together, joking amongst themselves and occasionally petting Barrett who was now begging for some food and running under the table in circles hoping any of the crumbles would fall on the floor.

"Hey I'm gonna take him for a walk, feel free to continue with your work.." Kaylee said when she was finished.

"No, I wanna come with. Studying can wait." Danielle rushed to the door where Kaylee was preparing the dog and placing the leash around its body.

"Aren't you two just so adorab-"

"Mom...hush!"

Kaylee pulled Danielle by her hand and stepped outside with her dog on the leash, the other girl laughed slightly at the sudden rush to get out of the house, wondering what had gotten into the brunette.

"What's going on?"

"N-Nothing you should worry about."

The brunette hadn't realized but she was still holding the other girl's hand while walking the dog but Danielle didn't seem to mind. It was becoming more and more natural, every day. The air was chilly, and Danielle had forgotten to take her cardigan with her so she naturally grew closer to the other girl, hooking her free hand around the arm she was already holding for more warmth that way they were walking alongside as a couple would.

"Kayleee, I'm not stupid. I know your mom knows about us."

"No, she doesn't."

"Kay-"

"Fineee..I just wanted to give you time, for your feelings to settle and I didn't want anything to pressure you in the process of doing so."

"Yeah?" Danielle looked up at the other girl, she was slightly taller than her so she had to stretch up to reach her cheek and apply a small kiss there, showing her appreciation for understanding and allowing time.

"Aren't you just adorable?"

"Nah- uh, you are the adorable one. I mean just watching you play with Barrett this morning and how he has already grown to love you is just.."

Kaylee walked aimlessly with bright red cheeks feeling as if she was hopelessly falling for every small detail about the other girl "... unbelievably attractive."

Danielle couldn't deny the way her heart fluttered inside her chest that very moment, with every step she simply looked at the bystanders as if time was frozen around them, and only her and the brunette mattered now.

"It is strange that I want to kiss you right now?"

Kaylee suddenly came to a stop, she wasn't sure if the other girl was being serious or even thought about what the implications of doing such action in a public place would be. However much she wanted to say yes, her mind restricted her from doing so.

"But we are in public.."

"I don't care, at this point. Plus hardly anyone seems to recognize us here."

Danielle's voice was soft but certain, she seemed like she was getting past her concerns about the public eye, which was certainly something new.

"I would love nothing more than to kiss you, you know that. But rumours might easily spread- and I'm not sure if you are ready to handle that just yet."

"You are probably right.." Danielle released a sigh, her mind figuring out that fans should probably find out by an official statement before spreading rumours all over. She would also have to run this through Julie first, as she knew the show could easily be affected negatively by such a statement and the attention would turn to her now more than ever. Whose to say she was ready for more pressure to be put on her shoulders?

"Let's just keep this between us, then."

"I think Barrett is ready to go back now."

"And I should probably carry on with my assignment."

"Hey, how about we..um, watch a movie in my room tonight after you're done with studying?" Kaylee suggested somewhat nervously. A movie wasn't exactly what she had in mind.

"Sure, let's watch a movie. Your room. Tonight." Danielle said suggestively and with a playful smirk forming around the corner of her lips, both girls knew they wouldn't just be watching a movie at this point but tried their best to conceal their excitement.