1

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ: for those who didn't read the description, this yandere sim fanfic is a labyrinth au, but i will be changing a lot of things for the sake of the book/so i can incorporate more original ideas into the story without copying the movie entirely! 💓

i hope you all enjoy the book!

y/n l/n has been having the strangest dreams lately

y/n l/n has been having the strangest dreams lately. despite not knowing what they mean or what to think of them, all she knows— or what she has assumed anyway— is that they are all connected. in someway. it all started a few months ago when she was walking alongside a man. his face was blurred out the entire time and when he spoke, it was barely audible as it was muffled. something was enchanting about him. maybe it was his clothes...she can't remember everything but y/n can recall him donning black boots and a lace-up shirt that slightly exposed his pale chest or maybe it was the fact that no matter what, this mysterious man never failed to pique y/n's interest. even if she tried to defy her dream and write her own path, she'd always found her way back to the blurry-faced man.

the next few dreams didn't come for a while...the only reason why y/n happened to connect the dots on all these imaginations of hers was the sudden brief cameos of the blurry-faced man. he was no longer the star of her dreams that was slowly taking over her mind since he was instead replaced by flashes of vibrant colors, a narrow hallway with a brick wall on both sides of y/n with a clear sky above her, her running down a lengthy garden which was covered with the most breathtaking flowers. to name a few.

and just last night, she dreamed of being in the utmost grand ballroom, but she wasn't dancing...she didn't know why, but she assumed that she must've been looking for someone, as she found herself wandering aimlessly around the room. but it wasn't easy since all the guests were wearing elegant yet sinister-looking masks.

"hey..." taeko yamada stared at her best friend, not at all impressed at the sight of her spacing out. it seemed like that was all she was good at nowadays. "y/n!" she spoke up once again, this time her whisper was a bit more harsh, prompting a few other classmates of class 3-2 to look over their shoulders and give the pair the dirtiest looks imaginable, some mumbling a few things under their breaths, before turning their attention back to jotting down notes in their journals.

unfortunately, y/n didn't break from her mind palace which is a bit weird since she's usually never this sucked into her own thoughts before.

not wanting her closest friend to get into trouble again for being unable to focus on class, taeko did the first thing that came to her mind. she needed y/n to get her head out of the clouds before their instructor, kaho kanokogi, noticed. scooting closer, taeko reached out, pinched a part of y/n's forearm with all her might, and as soon as she saw her friend snap out of her dazed state, she immediately inched away.