Chapter 4:

I sat on the roof and put the cigarette to my lips, inhaling deep before exhaling the smoke into the night. Tears stained my cheeks and I snuggled into the blanket that was wrapped around my shoulders. Weeks have passed since the night Corey raped me, and it's been living hell. My eyes scanned the yard and settled on the green eyed man sitting among beautiful women, his arms around two of them.

My heart clenched at the sight but I ignored it and took another drag of my cigarette before crushing it onto the cold roof tiling. Then I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on them, staring down at the party that was supposed to be for me and Ethan. Tonight is our 18th birthday, but I could care less. The man that has dominated my thoughts and heart is down there being a womanizer.

Footsteps made me spin and I came face to face with the man who set my heart fluttering.

"Connor." I breathed and then was wrapped in his arms, my head in the crook of his neck and his arms locked securely around my waist. "Oh god... I missed you."

"I'm here now, darling." He whispered in that Irish accent that sent shivers down my back.

"He ruined me, Connor. He raped me." I whispered as my throat clenched with tears. A few slipped out and soaked the shoulder of his shirt but he just held me, rubbing my back in a soothing motion. "I can't eat.. I can't sleep. And then my dad tells me there was a contract and I belong to Corey now."

"You are mine, Liz. I'm taking you away from here, tonight. Be ready at midnight." He said and then left, disappearing into the night.

I sat there, alone as the breeze whipped my hair around my face. Lightning lit up the sky and thunder shook the house, making me tremble. My phone beeped and I looked down at the text message.

Ethan: where'd you go?
Me: my hideout

Not long after I hit send, Ethan walked up and sat down next to me. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and tucked me into his side as he kissed the top of my head.

"I'm helping Connor get you out of here." He said and stared down at the yard. "Corey is not getting his hands on you again."

"Thank you." I whispered as I stared down at the party. A woman sat on Corey's lap, and they were lost in their own world as their lips locked and his eyes closed. My jaw clenched and I wanted so badly to punch the bitch on his lap, but he wasn't mine. Connor was mine and I was his. He would be the one I'd be marrying.

"You need to pack. Just basic stuff, Connor has the money to get you whatever else you may need." Ethan said as he helped me up and we entered the house and locked ourselves in my room as I filled a suitcase with the stuff I would need. Everything else could be replaced. I grabbed a black tank top, and tight black jeans and walked into the bathroom and quickly changed.

Ethan sat on my bed, and my suitcase was gone. Then I glanced over and saw the window was open and Connor sat on the windowsill.

"Are you ready to run away Rapunzel?" He said with a goofy grin on his face.

I giggled and pulled on the hoodie he had sitting on his lap then I took his hand and looked back at Ethan. He had a huge smile on his face and he pulled me from Connor to wrap me in his arms, and I clutched my twin as hard as I could.

"Keep in touch, Liz." Ethan said into my hair and I nodded into his chest.

"I promise, I will Ethan. Take care of mom and dad. They're going to go crazy once I'm gone." I said and looked up at him.

"I will. I'll tell them you're safe where you are but i won't tell them who you're with. Please send them a letter when you get a chance." He said and then let me go and I pulled on the black combat boots and laced them up quickly then looked back at Connor. "Take care of her, Connor. She's my other half."

"I will, lad. Don't worry about her. She's in good hands." Connor said as he pulled me to his chest and kissed the top of my head. He was so tall, compared to me and his body was built.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I looked up at him.

"You'll see when we get there, love." He said and smiled. "Take care, Ethan. I've got Liz."

"If she gets hurt I'm coming after you, Connor." Ethan said and then looked back at me. "I love you, Liz. You're my twin and my other half. It's going to be weird not having you around."

"It will, but we will keep in touch. I promise. I love you too, Ethan. With Connor by my side, I'll be alright." I said and wiped a stray tear that fell without warning. "Let's go Connor, I don't want Corey to find out what's going on."

"You're right, love. Now we go." He said and grabbed me securely around the waist. "We're climbing out the window. Don't be afraid, my men will catch us."

Then he leaned back and suddenly the air was passing us. I bit my lip and buried my face in his chest, waiting to his the ground, but instead we landed in firm arms and I opened my eyes to see other men holding us up. They settled Connor on his feet and he held me tight to his chest before he took off running and we jumped into a black SUV and he settled me on his lap as a man climbed into the driver seat and hit the gas.

No one ran out of the house as we drove quickly away, and oddly I didn't feel sad. That house was tormenting me for years, and now I'm finally free. I settled into Connors chest and sighed as I closed my eyes.

"Sleep, love. It's a long journey home." He said and kissed the top of my head.

"Home." I whispered and felt Connors chest vibrate with laughter. "I like the sound of home."