Chapter 8

"Now, now, Elizabeth. Put the gun down." Corey said and shook his head as if he was talking down a child.

"I am not a fucking child, Corey!" I screamed and let the tears fall.

"Love, it's okay, I love you." Connor said and he smiled at me. My heart broke. "Take good care of that bundle and be safe. Don't throw away your life just for me."

"What do you mean by bundle?" Corey asked and stared down at Connor. "Answer me!"

"She's pregnant you fucking idiot." Connor said and then it happened. Corey pulled the trigger. A guy jumped in front of me and saved me from getting covered in blood but it didn't save my stomach from heaving and I turned and doubled over, dry heaving until my stomach was content it was fully empty.

"You're pregnant?" Corey muttered, almost half asking himself instead of me.

"Yes. I'm pregnant." I said. "5 weeks and 4 days."

I spit to try and get the nasty taste out of my mouth, but it didn't help. With a little effort I stood straight up and gently rubbed my lower back as I uncocked my gun, put the safety on, and shoved it back in my waistband.

"Give me the gun, darling." One of the men said and held his hand out to me.

"Uh, how about... No." I said and crossed my arms.

"Give me the gun." He repeated.

"No." I stated and glared up at him. My foot began nervously tapping the grass and I felt my jaw ticking with pent up anger.

"Give me the fucking gun." He growled and narrowed his eyes at me.

"I said no!" I yelled and kept glaring at him. Suddenly my a hand was under my shirt and the gun was pulled from my waistband. The hand was cold and I instantly shivered and jumped, spinning around and smacking the person across the face, who just happened to be....

Fuck me... Corey. His eyes narrowed and I watched his eye twitch as his hand shoved the gun in his waistband then he grabbed me by my waist and shoved me up against the wall of the house. His lips brushed against my neck and my breath caught in my throat as my legs trembled.

"Don't ever hit me, princessa." He whispered against my skin and i couldn't stop myself from shivering in response. No matter how much I hated the man, he was highly attractive and I did want him. "You are my property and I won't hesitate to punish you."

With all the strength I could muster, I shoved him back and reached back to unlatch the collar from around my neck, but Corey's hand wrapped around my hair and yanked my head back. I gasped in pain and stared him in the eyes.

"That collar does not come off, Elizabeth. It is my mark on you for now. If I see you without that collar on, I am going to punish you, and you will not like it." Corey growled at me then nipped at my jaw, making me gasp. "I am going to have so much fun taming you, Elizabeth."

My name slid off his tongue like honey and I felt my panties getting wet. God... I hate him. How could you hate him, but be so physically attracted to him at the same time?

"Now, it is time for us to go back to the states, love. Just, don't look, okay?" Corey said and visibly winced, as if he regretted what he had done. He released my hair and wrapped his arm securely around my waist, positioning himself between myself and Connors body, and walking us into the house.

Tears burned in my throat, and I let them slide down my cheek. Connor was gone. And now I was at the mercy of Corey.

"I'm sorry, love." Corey whispered and kissed my temple as we walked through the house and out the front door to where a plane sat. The arm dropped from around my waist and instead he grabbed my hand and held it as he helped me get up into the plane. "Sit anywhere you want, love."

I picked a window seat and sat down, then buckled my seatbelt as Corey sat down next to me. He grabbed my hand and gently rubbed his thumb back and forth along my knuckles. His moods change quickly, but if this side of him stayed, maybe I could actually get used to it.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and sighed as I felt the plane rumble. My heart jumped and Corey kept rubbing his thumb on my knuckles to calm me, I hummed my appreciation and closed my eyes. Suddenly exhaustion hit me and I fell asleep right before the plane took off.