Chapter 38: Peaceful Days

"Princess! Nice of you st-stop by! For what do we owe the pleaser?" Aaron says.

"Have you heard that song before? I can't get it of my head." I smile softly.

"What song are you referring to, M'lady?"

"I believe it was called 'Queen of the Kings' (Annapantsu version) the woman singing it was beautiful."

"No, I'm afraid I've never heard it." Aaron smiles nervously as he walks towards the door leading outside.

"Do you think Zenith has heard it? He travels around more than you do."

"It's possible, but you know him; I doubt he'd ever stop and listen to a song." Aaron opens the door.

"Where are you going?"

"We found a big ore deposit? And uh they're cutting and breaking the dirt off it? So, it isn't safe for you to be in here, the air? could hurt your uh... Lungs?" He nervously comes up with this but when he looks back at me, my expression is a better truth than the lie he came up with.

"Then where's your mask?" I ask before a scream can be heard echoing throughout the building.

"..."

"..."

"I'm sorry princess! It wasn't my idea! I promise!" Aaron says as he quickly leaves the building.

"Now what have these idiots done?" I mumble as I walk towards the door and enter the room to a disturbing sight.

"Stay still! You fucking brat!" One of the men says as he tries to hold down Helbram whom has a partly torn off wing.

"C'mon Zen! How fucking hard is it to hold down one fairy!?" The bulky guy says.

"Uh... Boss...?" A red head mumbles.

"What Kai!?"

"...Uhm..." Kai points to a not so happy looking princess.

"...Ah fuck... princess! Nice to see you, have... have you changed your hair? Something looks different about you!"

"Zenith?" I sigh. "6 rules." I say as I walk towards the two guys attempting to hold Helbram down. "What are the 6 rules?" The two men instantly drop him and step back.

"No stealing from the poor." Zenith says quietly as I crouch down beside Helbram.

"N-no stealing f-from kind p-people." Kai stutters.

"It's okay." I smile softly at the hurt fairy even though he's fully glaring at me.

"No hurting women or children." The other guy says.

"Or... or animals!" Kai adds.

"Whatever money is earned, at leat 10% of it must go to the poor in the villages." Zenith says as I help Helbram up... even though... he's defiantly... not happy... about it...

.

..

...

..

.

"Hey you almost awake? I'm getting hungry." I hear Helbram say, I shake my head as I slowly open my eyes.

"Huh?" I mumble as I look around; I'm laying cuddled up on Helbram's chest.

"Good morning sleepy sunflower, planning to sleep all day?"

"Sleepy sunflower? Do sunflowers sleep?" I mumble trying to process being awake.

"Apparently mine does." He sighs with a soft smile as he sits both of us up. "What do you want for breakfast?"