One

Mikey takes a deep breath before he holds his hands out in front of himself trying desperately to ignore the faded scars and cracks in his skin. He concentrates on a location imagining the place, how it looks, feels, smells.

The space in front of himself slow forms an orange glow, it's dim and small. He doesn't focus on that, only on the location. He needs this to work. He needs to get stronger.

The glow gets brighter and brighter. His old scars and cracks start to glow as well, he winces in pain as his concentration is broken and the glowing stops almost immediately.

"Fuck." He mutters under his breath

His hands shake and twitch more then they normally do. He grabs his compression gloves which was a gift from his older brothers and pulls them on. It was difficult, but he manages it.

There was a knock on his door which scares him causing him to jump. He decides to answer it instead of pretending that he was either too busy to answer it or asleep.

"Yes?" On the other side was Leonardo his immediate big brother

"Are you okay? I heard you and it sounded like you were in pain." he asked the box turtle

"I'm fine. I was drawing and my hands they..." He pauses and holds them up for Leo to see

"Mikey... We talked about this-" Leo was cut off

"I know! I just want to get them under control cause it goes off in my sleep. I'm constantly being woken up in the night by a portal being opened and I'm scared that one of them might lead to..." He shakes his head, "I don't want something bad to happen so I'm practicing and I stop as soon as it gets to be too much. I don't over work myself."

"But you're harming yourself by doing this." Leo opens up his fanny pack-he keeps it on himself at all times instead of when they go out in public-and grabs a jar of cream

"Tell me, what's worse. Having a few tremors or accidentally opening a portal and having that thing come back?" Mikey huffed

Leo stayed silent as he gently took off the compression gloves and applied the cream to Mikey's arms and hands. He places the jar back and grabs a roll of bandages.

"I would have to go with the tremors. But you tell me what's worse, loosing all feeling in your arms and being unable to use them at all or loosing a bit of sleep?" He asked the youngest as he finished bandaging his arms and hands

Mikey stayed silent, he knows what Leo what's to hear, he knows what the right answer is. He knows of the consequences of overusing his powers and yet he doesn't see the problem with it.

Leo sighs, "You know the right answer. I know that you know the correct answer. You just don't want to say it cause you know that I'm right. It's getting late, no more practicing."

He turned to leave, but before he could Mikey grabbed onto his hand, "Don't leave."

"What's wrong?"

"I don't want to be by myself. I'm scared of what might happen, can I sleep with you tonight?" He asked keeping his head down

Leo smiled, "Of course."

Mikey still held onto his big brother's hand feeling his hand slightly twitch and spasm every now and then as he was lead to Leo's room. Thankfully it was cleared of most of the medical supplies they had in there when Leo didn't want to stay in the medbay.

The EKG machine was no longer there along with a few other things. But there was an IV stand and a few bags of liquid Mikey has never seen before.

Mikey had finally let Leo's hand go as Leo needed both of his hands to clean his room up a bit and put a few comics and clothes away. As he was cleaning he went to the mini fridge and freezer was located. He opened the freezer and grabbed two popsicles and gave one to Mikey.

"They're made from fruit and fruit juice. No added sugar or preservatives." Leo told him as he ate his, "I made them myself, what do you think?"

Mikey took a bite and smiled, "It's good."

"Glad you like it." He sighed as he sat on his bed and grabbed a bag of clear liquid and placed it on the IV stand

"You still need an IV?" Mikey asked him

"Sometimes. I still suffer from seizures and sometimes they happen while I'm asleep." Leo held of his right wrist, "This little gadget alerts Donnie when I'm having one and he has the pleasure to hooking the IV up to me and pumping me full of morphine to help it pass."

"And I thought I had it bad." Mikey sighed as he finished the frozen treat

"You do. My seizures might eventually stop or will lessen over time. You have a life long issue and if you keep using your powers in secret then you will loose your arms." Leo tells him beckoning Mikey over

The box turtle threw the stick in the trash and made it over to Leo's bed. The slider pulled him into bed and made sure that Mikey was comfortable.

"You know that can sleep on the floor, right?"

"Nonsense. I won't have that, besides there is plenty of room for the both of us. So don't worry about it and just sleep." Leo told him flipping a switch that was on the wall next to his bed.

He has a second switch installed so that one could also turn on and off the lights in his room. The main one by his room door still works as well.

Mikey decided to get comfortable and snuggle up to Leo and lightly churr to show that he was grateful and happy. Leo returned the sound as the duo fell asleep not worrying about their medical problems at the moment. It was a sweet moment and they don't want anything to ruin it.