Chapter 3: An unfortunate descent...

The snow was freshly fallen and the weather was luckily more calm, Luna was galloping and bouncing around her big sister.
She was still a little too young to understand the importance of their quest.. But Celestia was sure happy to have her by her side, she couldn't do it without her sister's young soul and her love.

So far, it has been at the very least 3 moons since they left their home, leaving behind their village, their family... All that they have ever known.

Celestia's plan was to reach the mountain, and possibly beyond. Elders talked of the mountains fairly often, it seemed to be legends told to scare off little foals and fillies... They talked that there was nothing beyond them, that the world ended at the edge of the mountains. But what if it wasn't true?

If anything, or anyone was causing this, it HAS to be there...

While the young mare was reflecting the possibilities of this quest, Luna was playing in the snow surrounding them, she saw a certain beauty within this cold evil. It was cold, white and shiny, and could be eaten!..

''Luna! Do not eat the snow!''

Exclamed Celestia, the young filly had a mouth full of snow as she looked up to her big sister.

''Bu..fff..t itff tafftes ffooo goodff!!''

She responded enjoying her frozen morning snack.

''Well... maybe the rabbit who peed there isn't so sure about that...''

Celestia had a big 'ol smirk on her face as she walked pass Luna, who now had big round eyes. She immediately spat out the snow, coughing with disgust on her face.

''Blergh...''

Celestia let out a little giggle as her sister catched up to her.

''So... What now Tia?''

''Do you see those mountains, aaaaaalllll the way over there?''

Celestia got down to her level and pointed at the horizon. A sudden feeling took over Luna, a fearful feeling... she knew that they would fall if they went beyond those mountains.... That there was nothing..

''Y...yeah? I do...''

''Well, I want to see if there is something causing this storm behind those... Are you okay Luna?''

The mare realised that her sister felt fearful of going there... but sadly it was too late to go back home, there was no going back and Luna knew this...

''Don't worry my dearest little sister, We are not meant to reach them before at least 5 more moons.''

''....''

The little filly looked away, fearfully.... Celestia Got back up and looked over at the horizon, the wind picked up a little bit, making both of their mane flow while they stood on this little snowy hill, admiring the horizon before them. She turned Luna's gaze towards the path they had to take together, it led to a big and quite dense forest.

''Dont think too much of the what if's... Just trust the present and who you are Luna.''

''......''

''Stay close, stay with me... Keep your eyes open at all times, and now.... breathe in...''

Luna now had a soft smile as she took in a deep breath, she finally realised the importance of their mission, she knew that she could do this, as long as she was with her sister, nothing could hurt her.

''... Remember, just one wrong move and we're dead.''

''*COUGH* TIA!! Dont say that!''

Celestia couldnt help but laugh at her sister's reaction, the two of them began chasing eachother, now more ready than ever.