Chapter 5: The end of the world...

The sun shined brightly as Luna exited the cave with James around her waist. The sudden burst of light made her nocturnal eyes burn for a moment, enough for the young filly to look away.

Even James blinked a couple times before finally getting used to the daylight.

Luna rubbed her eyes and looked around to make sure no fiend were waiting out there, ready to gobble her up....

"FREEDOM! At last! It has been centuries since I have felt the wind on my eye!" Exclaimed James with pure joy.

"Oh, it looks like my plans to go to the beach will have to wait, seems a little too cold out there, I swear I counted my seasons right....." He added with confusion in his eye.

Luna looked over at the blade, then at the frozen river and snowy fields surrounding them.... her ears dropped and a sad look washed over her blue face.

"No, you did count your seasons right. We dont know where this snow came from nor how to stop it.... " She said with a sad tone in her voice.

"Huh... how interesting..." James added

Luna zoned out from her conversation with the talking blade and took a moment to look around, hoping that maybe her sister is somewhere around here.

She began to walk around, the fresh snow what crunching under the pressure of her body, leaving behind her a trail of deep holes.

The frozen trees looked absolutely breathtaken, it was as if the world was frozen in time, it was all covered in a thick coating of ice and snow and the sun's light shinned brightly, bouncing of every surfaces that would host it.
The filly looked around, hoping to find a trail, a clue,anything that could at the very least lead her back home.

"So... what are we doing exactly?" Asked James curiously.

"I.. I am not sure.. I have to find my big sister Celestia.." Replied Luna, she seemed unsure of where to go from there.

"Ah, I love your loyalty! Very nice trait to have.... If you want to die" James said in a mocking tone.

Luna's ear perked up as she noticed a little trail of blody snow leading back to where she fell down.

"...... Oh no..." She said with a bit of panic in her little voice.
She began to gallop, following this path tinted in red, she didn't want to believe that something had gotten to her sibling

"Tia!! Tia!!" She yelled out.

"Hey! Calm down will ya??!" Said James, worried she might attract predators...

Luna's heart and brain did not seem to synch, the ground felt soft and her body felt light.

"Calm down! Im sure she's fine!" Said James with an eye roll and a chuckle.

Luna came to a complete stop, her eyes widdened from the scene before her.
In front of them stood the sword that Celestia wields. Stabbed into the ground and covered in frozen blood. The snow clearly showed struggles and fighting.
The young filly's eyes began to slowly fill up with tears as she sat down quietly next to her sister's weapon.

"Oh noo.... she got turned into a sword too!? H E L L O, C A N Y O U T A L K???"

Expressed James, completely oblivious to the situation.

"*sniff* No you stupid butter knife! She wasnt turned into a sword... she's.... *sniff*"

Luna placed her dirty hooves over her eyes and layed onto the clean snow, silently weeping, not wanting to believe herself, it did not felt right in her heart.

"I was too late...*cries* I'm the one who ran this way... *weeps* I... It's all my fault!..."

James expression seemed regretful on behalf of the filly.