Chapter 26

TW: This story does contain some graphic scenes that I use to illustrate the plot. Weapons, torture and even death occur in this chapter. I will try to put a TW on any chapter that might be too much so hopefully warn any readers who may get uneasy with certain stories/scenes.

_________________________________

*She stays quiet, while a war happens within her.*

There was a deep, hollowed echo ringing through her ears. Her limbs felt heavy. Her throat was dry and felt almost like sandpaper. A sharp migraine pierced through her skull as her mind raced. Her eyes were closed, but deep down she knew she was not home asleep in her bed.

She could feel herself sitting on a cold hard floor. Her shoulders were aching as her limbs were bound behind her. Her mind was waking, registering that she was in a dangerous situation. She willed herself to remember what had happened before her falling asleep.

Did she fall asleep?

It was unusual now for her to get any rest. She usually just rested her eyes in bed. It had been several days since she last slept.

Her nose twitched at the stiff smell of mold that entered her airways. Soft drips continuously fell somewhere in the distance. A soft breeze filtered its way through the room. There were no other sounds that could be heard.

Was she all alone?

She adjusted herself against the wall, thankful she had something to hold her up. Her eyes began to twitch. She forced her muscles to pull her eyes open, welcoming the dark atmosphere around her. She could only see about 50 feet in front of her.

There was no light illuminating anything. There was nothing she could use to decipher where she was. Across from the wall that she braced herself on, was a large, iron barred, cage door. There wasn't enough space to crawl through, but she could perfectly see through the open spaces between the bars.

A gloomy, dark hallway continued after the cage she was in. She wasn't sure if there were other cells like hers, but she couldn't hear anything other than her own slow breathing.

She cast her eyes down toward her legs, finally willing to take in the state of her body. Dried blood was smeared on most of her skin. She still had her black dress on, but it was not in the condition she last remembered it to be in. It was slightly riding up her thighs, mostly due to the position she was sitting in. There were small holes here and there, but she couldn't make out what had caused them. It was hard to see, but there were dirt and blood stains all over the destroyed fabric.

Even though her legs looked to have taken a beating, she didn't see any healing cuts or bruises. She was a bit sore and the headache wasn't making things any easier.

She tried to think back on the last thing she remembered doing. If she was still in this black dress, she would've gone to a club.

She closed her eyes and relaxed as best as she could against the wall. She needed to focus if she was going to be able to remember past events. As she tucked her chin into her chest, a very appealing smell wafted into her face. Her body shivered as she recognized that alluring aroma.

Deep blue eyes stared back at her in her head. A weak smile immediately grew on her face.

Bucky...

She remembered their interaction in the club. He was so kind and thoughtful. He took his time making sure she felt safe. She felt warmth and a sense of security when she was around him.

She was surprised his scent lingered on her dress. She could smell small hints of apple pie and flowers. She immediately remembered a younger boy and girl standing near Bucky when she was near the bar.