Chapter 2

* I was in a constant state of agony, yet no one seemed to notice...not even me. *

    The floor creaks beneath me as my body begins to slowly shift. I groaned as I gripped the couch leg to help with my efforts. I knew it was Monday...which only meant that I had slept through the start of work and Daniel had left me here to think about what I had done. My muscles were stiff and my skin was in desperate need of a shower.

    I could feel a giant bruise across my back. The skin there was so sore and tender, I began to cry as I slowly pulled myself off the ground. I didn't feel any broken bones which was a small upside.

    The lights were off in the apartment and it was almost silent. The only noises to be heard were my grunts and labored breathing. I began limping towards the bathroom, turning on the bedroom light as I passed through. As I hobbled into the bathroom, I saw the results of last night. Dark purple and blue bruises littered my cheeks and under my eyes. There were marks on parts of my neck and I could see some handprints peeping through my shirt that disappeared down my arm. My lip was still swollen, a fresh scab graced the cut that had split open.

    Turning away from the mirror, I peeled off the clothes from last night. I stepped into the cold shower, letting the water fall over me. Once the water turned a bit warmer, my muscles began to relax the slightest bit. I began to wash myself, cleaning the small cut I had on my lips. My face wasn't as swollen as it was last night, but it was still a bit inflamed.

    Once I was through cleaning myself, I moved slowly to cover my body in professional clothes, anything to cover the marks that littered my skin. I felt like everything about me was pretty average. I had peach toned skin that was currently on the paler side, as I haven't been outside much in a while. My golden blonde hair was long and simple. My light blue eyes would change colors with what I was wearing. I had straight teeth because my parents had been kind enough to get me braces when I was a kid. I was on the curvier side, normally, in my build.

    I was an athlete in college and I enjoyed going out and doing things with friends on days off. I hadn't participated in activities like that in a very long time. I ate differently and did things differently now so I wasn't as fit as I used to be. I wasn't bone skinny but I didn't have that meat and muscle on my bones like I used to. I now didn't worry much about my body because Daniel would tell me time and time again that I was fine the way I was with him. We weren't intimate with each other, hardly ever...but that was another thing that Daniel said wasn't important. We were together because he said he loved me and took care of me and that was enough.

    I finished getting dressed in a nice blazer suit. I pulled on knee high black boots with a small heel.

    My skin was covered and I was prepared for the colder weather

    My skin was covered and I was prepared for the colder weather. New York was beautiful in the fall and winter time. I used to love going to the parks and feeling the autumn breeze blow around me and hear the children run around and play.