1.4

(y/n) arrived the early morning, with eyebags under her eyes.

she unlocked the entrance door to a gut wrenching, vomit bringing, stenching smell of blood and stood in her tracks once she saw from where that smell came.

"grandpa lawrence!"

she rushed to the old mans limp body and tried to shake him awake, held her hair back, trying to listen if he is breathing or his chest heaving. she lastly couldn't find a pulse.

(y/n) sat there on her knees beside the dead body, eyes dead, her head hanging low.

"guess we both couldn't keep our promise..."

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

an hour or two later a knock was heared on the front door. (y/n) stood up and went to open it after looking through the peephole.

it was the only other agent that you knew who often came to visit to bring needed supplies for (y/n)'s training.

"good morning (y/-. (y/n) what is that smell from inside?"

only then the teen broke down and fell into the mans arms.

"h-hey..."

"micheal, grandpa is dead, he is in blood on the floor!"

"where?!"

"in the living room. i arrived two hours ago and found him like that."

the man named micheal held (y/n) back a little and looked into her red eyes.

"you have listen to me for now okay? i want you to go up to your room, freshen up and then not to come out unless i come to check on you, understood?"

"y-yes.", she shakily nodded her head and went upstairs.

micheal meanwhile called his superior and secretary, sylvia sherwood also known as handler.

"handler, agent hourglass was found dead in his residence location in his living room by his student 2 hours ago. i would like to request a clean up group."

it took a minute to get a answer.

"hm... that's unfortunate. i want you to stay there and go to his student, a group will come by and take over the rest."

"understood miss."

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

"(y/n) are you done? can i come in?"

"yes..."

micheal went into (y/n)'s room to see her sitting on her bed in fresh cloths and wet hair wrapped in a towel.

"oh sweetie..."

the realtionship that they had was more like a sibling bond since micheal was in his late thirties.

he went to sit beside her and to engulf her into a tight hug, only then he noticed the letter in her hands.

"what's that?"

"hm? oh... i found it in one of grandpas drawers. i sometimes put things of mine in his room and search for it like crazy, hehe..."

she sniffed and then continued.