make you feel better • 𝙧𝙖𝙛𝙚

𝙎𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙮: 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙'𝙨 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙗𝙖𝙙 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙯𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣𝙚.

𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨: 𝙋𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙠, 𝙚𝙙𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙙𝙤𝙢!𝙍𝙖𝙛𝙚, 𝙨𝙪𝙗!𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧

──────────

The cool breeze chilled your skin as you walked home in the late afternoon. You had just finished working a shift at The Wreck, and your day had been far from pleasant.

A table of Kook guys harassed you for hours and didn't leave you a tip simply because you refused their advances. A woman shouted at you because she wasn't pleased with her food—as if you were the one that made it, not just a waitress. And one of your coworkers accidentally walked into you with a tray full of drinks, spilling them all over you. By the time the day was over, you wanted to scream your head off or knock someone the fuck out. Preferably the latter option. But you would settle for a relaxing bath at home.

As you walked, a single rain drop hit your face, running down your cheek. Then another on your arm. Then another. Then another. In a matter of seconds, the sky above you darkened, and from the gray clouds came a heavy downpour of rain.

"Shit," You hissed under your breath, your now soaked hair and clothes almost instantly clinging to your wet skin.

You contemplated going back inside the restaurant—seeing as you hadn't gotten far yet—and calling one of your friends for a ride, but decided against it. Due to your miserable day, you just wanted to be alone. And you weren't afraid of a little rain, so you just picked up the pace. At least the rain would wash the stickiness of soda and sweet tea off of your skin.

It wasn't long before you began to feel the consequences of your choice to continue walking. Your teeth began to chatter and goosebumps littered your cold skin, causing you to wrap your arms tightly around yourself for warmth.

But then, the sound of tires rolling up on the road beside you caught your attention. Turning your head to the left, you saw a large, black pickup truck with dark tints moving slowly, matching your pace. You stopped in your tracks, unsure of who was following you. You were prepared to turn and run back to The Wreck if necessary. But as the window began to roll down, the sight of a familiar face eased your nerves—just a little bit.

Rafe fucking Cameron.

You should've been relieved to see that it was just someone you knew, but you hated Rafe with every fiber of your being—or at least that's what you told yourself. He was a total dick, a cocky prick, and all around just an asshole. He had it out for all Pogues, which meant that he was constantly picking on you. Though, you were grateful for the fact that he didn't seem to be nearly as hard on you as he was on anyone else of your low socioeconomic standing. You figured it was only because you were best friends with his sister, Sarah, and she would kill him if he ever dared to treat you as poorly as he did the other Pogues.

Locking eyes with the boy in the truck, you tried to keep your expression cold, as you always did when you looked at him. But it was often hard to do so, considering how undeniably hot he was. It really was a shame. If he wasn't such a pretentious jerk, he would totally be your type.

"Need a ride?" His voice called out over the sound of the heavy rain hitting the concrete.

"I'm good," You stated flatly, turning your gaze forward and beginning to walk again, your arms still wrapped tightly around your own body.