Chapter 4~ The Body

I pulled up outside my house. It was quiet. Never before had I gotten scared to get out of my car but suddenly I felt a chill run down my neck and back.
I got out of my car and grabbed my bag. I walked towards the door and opened it only to find my house destroyed, windows were broken and my belongings were everywhere. What happened? Was I robbed? Had someone been here? Was it an animal? Whatever it was it gave me chills and I began to shake from anxiety. I stepped forward and the floor made a noise. I jumped. I made a few more steps. Finally I reached the kitchen and turned the light on which I thought would make it better but honestly it creeped me out more.
I made my way around as I looked at broken cases, pictures, and then I saw something on the floor. I looked closer and I saw something red. It was blood. Then I saw another one until I noticed there was a trail of blood. I stopped.
What if someone was in here? Who's blood is it? What happened?
Then I followed the trail. As I walked room after room I began to shake again. Not because of nerves but another chill. Then it led into the basement.
I started to think. Maybe I should just call the police. This could be dangerous. But then I remembered this will be my job (hopefully).
So I walked fast kept following to trail. Then I saw it. There it was. A body. Blood covered. With major gashes in the arms. Then I heard it. Walking upstairs. Faint whispering. And the sound of the door. I ran to the window and watched as 2 people in all black ran across the field. Suddenly their shapes disappeared and I knew they were the killers...