Chapter 8~ "I know someone's onto us"

We left the apartment with no other evidence than the knife and picture but now it was time to research. But it was the end of the day and I was really hungry, so once my shift was over I went over to a small diner and ate.
After that when I got home I found a note. It read: You are the next to go, you can run but you can't hide.
I stopped as another chill went down my spine. Who wrote this? It wasn't signed but there was a footprint from where the killer had been standing in the mud. I took pictures then decided to call Andrew so he could meet me at the office.
I brought the note and the pictures. He just stared as he read the note. I could tell he was nervous for me.
"Well this is a great clue but it's no longer safe for you to stay at your house."
"Oh no I'm fine, I will just stay at my place its
all good I promise," I said slightly so I could look brave and slightly because I had no where else to stay.
"Look you don't have to stay at your place knowing you may never wake up just to show bravery."
I could tell he was thinking and debating in his head. I was looking straight in his beautiful blue eyes. He just stared at me, then it got awkward. He looked away and began to speak," Look I know this may sound wierd but you could stay at my place I do have a guest room and guest bathroom."
I froze. What was I supposed to say. Stay at a man's house. At my boss's house?
"No sorry. I mean I'm good I will stay at my friend Christina's house. She won't mind," I said still a little weirded out.
I said goodbye and later on just went and stayed at home.
As I pulled into my driveway I decided to go on a walk through the fields. I mean what was more beautiful than a walk at dusk with a slight breeze and the fact of knowing I might not wake up. Then again with the last part of didn't sound to pretty but I went anyway. I felt like I needed it.
As I walked along the path nearing the woods I heard crinkling. Like leaves. I froze then realized I was being stupid, and that it was probably just a deer or squirrel or something of that matter.
So I continued walking and then I saw a path lead into the woods so I decided to go in. I walked and walked. I began to think.
What if I don't solve this case? What do I do? Will I lose my job? I just was starting to think and realized it was getting dark.
Then I heard something not like a squirrel. I don't really know how to describe it but it mostly sounded as if it were a person. And sure enough there was a strange man. Sitting under a huge oak. I quickly hid behind a a rock as he got up and pulled out something.
He began talking on his cell phone, it all sounded like whispers to me but last thing I heard before running was, "I know someone's onto us."