Chapter 3~ The Grief

I sat there not knowing what to say only hearing the weeping and sobbing of others. What happened? How? Why? Nothing made sense.
The doctor came back in the room,"Im so sorry again. The baby ceased and since he was premature it killed him." He said with a drawn sad face.
Why? Why did this have to happen to my sister? She was sobbing like no one I have seen before. Her eyes were bloodshot, her face was wet with tears, her hair was soaked with sweat and her arms had prick marks from the ivs.
I walked over rubbed her back and cried with her. I too felt the grief.

-----------------

We just sat and sat. No conversation. No laughter. No smiles. No happiness. Just sadness. We felt it in the air. Word just came that the family across the street from my sisters house had lost their youngest 5 year old son due to a car accident.
" Well I hate to say this but I must get home" I said rather happy to lighten the mood.
" Oh right didn't you apply for that job. Did you get it?" Aunt Beth said realizing my gesture.
" I don't get the results until next Monday but I have confidence that I did well."
After that I packed my bag said my goodbyes and was off to the airport. My flight left at 10:30 p.m. so hopefully I would be home by 1:00 a.m.