Chapter 03

Adele's POV
I head to my art class and enter to be bombarded by the bubbly art teacher Ms. Penelope Hunny.

Who was the fiancée of the one and only Nurse Louisa White

"Hi! You must be Adella Swan, the sheriff's daughter!" She said happily making me smile and say "Adele, call me Adele" "Of course! We're starting our spring art projects, so you'll need a partner" she started scanning the room and I couldn't help ...

"Hi! You must be Adella Swan, the sheriff's daughter!" She said happily making me smile and say "Adele, call me Adele" "Of course! We're starting our spring art projects, so you'll need a partner" she started scanning the room and I couldn't help but feed off of jubilant attitude and become jovial myself.

"Oh! I know! You can be with Alice" she said and clapped her hands excitedly making my smile fade as she pointed out the object of my affection and strife.

Alice Cullen sat near the back and closest to the open window with her porcelain skin glowing in the green light of Forks. Now that I was a bit closer I could see her eyes were a gorgeous yellowed amber and her face was even more angelic up close. Her petite elven features blended well with her lean 5'5 body and her dark hair contrasted against her complexion in a way that made me think of black and white films.

Alice looked up upon hearing her name and her eyes landed on me. Her face lit up with a smile that made my heart ache and a lump build up in my throat.

It wasn't normal. I hadn't officially met her or even spoken to her and I was already developing an intense attraction to her. The worst part was that she's a girl, it was wrong. It wasn't right. If my mom or god forbid Bella found out about this stupid crush they'd disown me and send me to a camp or the church to become a nun. Why was my heart betraying me like this? I shouldn't have these feelings for a girl, what's wrong with me?

I timidly approached her "Hi! I'm Alice Cullen! You're Adele Swan, right?" She cheerily says in a high soprano voice that reminds me of wind chimes and her scent of marshmallows and cotton Candy filled the air around us intoxicating me.

My face flushed and the lump in my throat worsens and makes me feel like I'm about to suffocate. I hurriedly nod and sit down next to her and bow my head so my hair hides my face.

I can feel her gaze on me and my heart hammers like a rabbit underneath the gaze of a predator.

Alice's POV
I frown at my mate's behavior towards me.

When I first turned I had the vision of Jasper and I together and thought we were mates. I later found out that we were only supposed to be friends and he was mated to Edward. Now my mate is here..... and I have no idea what to say or do.

The logical more humane part of me wants to get to know her, while the other more vampiric beast part wants to rip her clothes off and fuck her to oblivion.

Her scent of black cherries and licorice doesn't help, I never knew that those two things would smell so delicious.

She seemed scared and on edge, especially when talking to me, I didn't understand what was wrong but I wanted to comfort her..... I just didn't know how.