Chapter 06

Adele's POV
I woke up the next day and excitedly got dressed, I finally decided that I would do for the art project but I needed to check the paint supplies and make sure that they had the right oil paints for the vintage look that I wanted.....

Alice seems like she likes vintage things if her ribbon choker was any tell.

After I got dressed, I rushed downstairs and snagged an apple before throwing on my oversized leather jacket and hurrying to school

~~~timeskip~~~
After confirming that they had the right paint, I carried on with my day and went to my classes.

At lunch I couldn't help but peer over at the Cullen table only to find Alice was already looking at me. Her face lit up when we made eye contact and she happily waved making my heart nearly jump out of my chest and my face light up in a vibrant shade of vermilion. My head snapped forward and bowed in an attempt to hide. I could vaguely hear a tinkling laugh alongside a booming laugh coming from the Cullen table.

I timidly looked up to make sure that Bella didn't notice, thankfully she didn't as she glared at the two empty seats where Edward and Jasper were seated yesterday. I sighed in relief as it seems Bella's latest obsession was good for something after all.

~~~timeskip~~~
I once again sat next to Alice as I began my rough sketch on my portrait.

I was drawing the dining area in a cafe patio.
Shopping bags lay seated next to the chairs with two cups of lattes sitting on either side of the flower vase on top of the small circular table. I decided to do a simple clear vase with three large versions of sweet peas in them.

It was night time and the streets of shops were lit up with a soft honey lighting and in the distance the Eiffel Tower stood tall and lit up as well.

Two unseen people were seated at the table. One pair of slim legs were clad in leggings with a pair of ankle boots while the other was wearing ripped jeans and high top converse. One of each hand grasped the handles of the coffee mugs while the other hands were holding each other tenderly.

One pair of hands had perfectly manicured nails and wore a charm bracelet with a charm that resembled the pendant that was on Alice's ribbon. The arms of said arm were bare and pale.

The other was clearly nail bitten and unmanicured, but nevertheless painted with black nail polish, and their arms were clad with a black flannel. On one finger rested a moonstone ring that resembles the one currently on my left pointer finger.

I pulled back satisfied with my work only for my face to morph into one of horror as I realized what I had done. My head snapped up as Ms. Hunny rested a hand on my shoulder and peered at the portrait "Uh, I, uh, I messed up!" I exclaimed and went to take the portrait down and grabbed the eraser clay only to be stopped by said teacher who said "What are you talking about? I think it's amazing! There's so much detail and the background is beautiful!"

I timidly looked at my partner who was staring blankly at the portrait. I felt a lump in my throat as her dazed expression morphed into one of absolute joy "It's perfect" Alice said reassuringly making me flush before relaxing "Th-thank you..." Ms. Hunny walked off to check on other students.

Alice beamed before asking "What do you think of mine?" She held up her portrait and I stared in awe at it.

It was a smudged forest making it look foggy and rainy with fireflies flying around and in the center of the muddy, mossy, and leafy earth was a giant snowdrop with a dew drop on the end of the petal looking as if it was about to fall off and into the mud.

"It's beautiful...." I murmured making Alice smile before she got that dazed look again and frowned "I'm sorry..." I frowned and looked at her "For what?" She snapped out of her daze and seemed flustered "Oh, uhh, for how upset Bella will be. My brothers Edward and Jasper will be out of town for a little bit and I know that Bella's.... Interested in Edward so know that's she'll be upset" she rambled which startled me.

"Oh, no, it's fine I can handle Bella" I reassured but Alice didn't seem convinced so I timidly reached out to grasp her hand in mine "Trust me, I'll be fine. Bella and I are twins I've dealt with her mood swings since the womb" I said jokingly and cracked a smile making Alice nervously smile back and hold my hand on hers.

We continued working and having hushed conversations, but our hands never left each other.