| Chapter 19 |

February 28, 2021

YN Company

It was afternoon and Miyeon was in her office completing some drafts of YN Company's design.

Work in those days had been quite heavy and demanding, but Nicha made sure she didn't miss a single meal and often, after the working day, the two friends went out for a drink together.

Their friendship was so beautiful, showing affection to each other, Nicha was always ready to console and make Miyeon happy and she was always by her side to relieve the fatigue of the day.

Miyeon had just finished the prototype and, after printing it, she was ready to go to Minnie to get it checked.

Once she reached Nicha's door, Miyeon knocked twice, but without receiving any response from the inside.

Miyeon opened the door and was greeted by Nicha's dark office, so she decided to go to Bambam, whose desk was at the entrance of the floor, next to the elevator.

Bambam was sorting out some files when Miyeon approached him.

"Hey Bam." Miyeon said.

"Oh hey Yeon, do you need anything?" Bambam asked.

"Where's Minnie? I'm supposed to show her some drafts for the project, but she's not in her office." Miyeon asked.

"Minnie's at the gym, she's working out. If you want you can go to her. The gym is on the third floor, you can't go wrong." answered Bambam.

"Thanks Bam." Miyeon said, before she disappeared behind the two elevator doors.

Arriving on the third floor, Miyeon was greeted by a large room full of gym equipment. At the rear of the room was a wall of white paneling, which formed the extension of the room, accessed by a glass door.

Miyeon, seeing no one in the room, walked over to the glass door and saw Nicha from behind with earphones and in gym gear, running on a treadmill.

Miyeon was shocked to see a very large scar on the back of Nicha's right arm.

The scar was old, but it was very large and visible.

Miyeon, seeing that scar, remembered the times when Bambam was forced to take Nicha to her house, to be able to heal her and make her rest. Minnie often had wounds and serious injuries all over her body, but she never wanted to go to the hospital for treatment.

When you get a very big wound, if you don't take care of it properly, it doesn't heal well and the scar remains. Minnie, not going to the hospital, did not pay due attention to her wounds and now her body is full of scars, from the smallest and most banal to the biggest and most frightening.

Miyeon felt a pang in her heart just thinking that Minnie had suffered so much in the years she was gone.

"Min, why didn't you take care of yourself? What's so terrifying that it won't let you go to the hospital? How many more scars are you hiding and how long have you endured all of this alone?" thought Miyeon.

The brunette was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice that Minnie was no longer on the treadmill.

Minnie hadn't noticed Miyeon's presence and had entered her private dressing room.

Miyeon, after a few seconds, followed Minnie into the locker room, she wanted to check if her hypothesis was correct.

As she entered the dressing room, Miyeon was greeted by the sound of running water, but there was no Minnie in sight.

Miyeon peeked slightly with her head, beyond the wall that divided the shower stalls from the locker room.

"M-Min..." Miyeon thought