| Chapter 28 |

April 28, 2021

It was 11.00am, the sunlight illuminated the whole room and some rays caressed Nicha's face who, because of this, opened her eyes slowly to get used to it.

Minnie felt a light weight on her chest, turning her head she saw Miyeon sleeping with one arm resting on her chest and hugging her softly.

The girl smiled seeing her girlfriend next to her and gave her a sweet kiss on her forehead.

Minnie looked around and saw Miyeon's mom reading on the sofa.

The woman looked up and smiled, then closed the book and stood up, approaching Nicha.

"Minnie, how are you feeling? It's been so many years since we last saw each other." the woman asked in a low voice, stroking the girl's face, who nuzzled her cheek in the woman's hand, closing her eyes.

"I'm fine Ms. Cho, thank you for staying here." Nicha whispered, smiling.

"I have done nothing." said the old woman, "And don't call me 'Ms. Cho' call me 'mom', that's what you used to call me when you came home to play with our Miyeon." continued the woman, smiling at the memory of the two little girls.

"Mom, can I ask you a favor?" the girl asked and the woman nodded.

"Could you give me a hug? I miss your warm hugs." the girl asked.

The woman smiled and approached her, welcoming her into her arms. Minnie felt loved again, finally after five years she had a family again. For the Thai girl, Miyeon's parents were like hers too.

Whenever she needed to talk to an adult, Minnie would turn to Miyeon's father, when she needed a mother Miyeon's was always there for her, ready to hug and comfort her.

Minnie didn't consider her father as such, but she did consider her girlfriend's parents her real family.

"Thanks Mom." Minnie whispered, while she was still in the arms of the woman who kept stroking the back of her head.

"We missed you Minnie-ah. Both my husband and I are happy that you and Miyeon have met again and that you are now a couple as well." the woman said, smiling and caressing Nicha's face, which blushed.

"Do you accept me mom?" Minnie asked, lowering her head, but the woman raised it, taking her by the chin.

"I still remember how you took care of our Miyeon, how you loved her, and you were always ready to defend her and stand beside her. You showed her all your love in everything you did for her, from simply helping her with her ponytail, to taking her to the beach for her birthday, to the day she asked you to leave, even if you didn't want to. You would never have done it, but you preferred to hurt yourself in order to respect her choice, because you loved her and you continue to do so. Isn't so? So who am I to separate you? My daughter has finally found the right person for her, who will love her more than her parents and who will always be ready to take care of her." Ms. Cho explained.

Minnie approached and hugged her, ignoring the pain in her side.

"Thanks Mom. Thanks for everything..." Nicha whispered, as a few tears traced her face.

The lady pushed Nicha away and made her lie down on the bed, putting Miyeon's arm back where it was, making Minnie smile.

"Don't make sudden movements, be careful. I know that you hurt yourself to hug me. Isn't it so?" the woman said smiling, making the girl nod and smile.

"I'm going to get some coffee. I'll leave you alone for a while." the woman said, winking, before leaving the room.

Minnie looked at Miyeon, who was still sleeping. The Thai raised Miyeon's head and rested it on her arm.