Chapter 42

I loved having my family in town but, living with them I realize why I moved out in the first place. As soon as they got to Jun and I's, Mom wouldn't stop nagging and cleaning as if I didn't clean the house enough. Dad hijacked the living room TV with football, taking full advantage of the sports package Jun ordered, just because he knew Dad was coming.

Jayla was all over the dating apps. Which didn't surprise me at all. She even had a date set up the next day with a guy she met the last time they were here for the engagement party.

Jun could see the annoyance all over my face, kissing my cheek to call me down during the day. Kissing other parts of my body to calm me down at night. "Just think in two weeks we're on a plane and so are they," he would whisper in my ear every time my frustration flared.

The day of Jun's audition came and he was the ball of nerves and frustration. Giving him a quiet but effective solution to calm him down after his shower, he pulled me up from my knees to thank me with a strong deep kiss on my wonderfully abused mouth.

"Good luck baby," I breathed, sliding my hands across his naked torso. Saying he would do his best would be an understatement. I know he would pour his soul into hit.

Tilting my face up towards him with one hand and wiping the wet from the corners of my mouth with the other, he grinned brightly. "Feeling much luckier now."

My parents, Jayla, and I waited for him to come home with a big smile and good news. But once the door of the apartment opened there wasn't any expression on his face.

"Hey! How was it?!" asked Dad pausing the TV. Everyone stopped what they were doing for the response.

Jun shrugged. "It was good. I think." Something was off.

"We'll I'm sure you'll get the role, honey," Mom smiled, pulling something else out of the fridge to cook.

"I'm pretty sure he did," scoffed Jayla. "They'd be stupid to not give it him."

Jun wryly grinned with all the encouragement. "Thanks everyone. I appreciate it." His voice light and positive for anyone else, but I knew different.

Grabbing his hand as he walked into the living room, I didn't stop walking until we were in our room with the door firmly closed.

Jun exhaled with a plop onto the bed and shedded his jacket onto the floor. His eyes clouded with something else to say. "Tell me," I begged. "Did it go bad?"

He shook his head, rubbing the back of his neck with his left hand and pulling me onto his lap with the right. "No, it went well. Extremely well."

"Then what's with the sad eyes?" I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pulled him closer.

Another deep exhale escaped his mouth. "If they offer me the role. I have to go abroad for four months."

A sharp pang shot through my chest as if it came out my back. Jun could see the pain on my face, but I put my hands to his lips before he could speak. "Four months isn't that bad, I suppose. We'll make it work. This is your dream role."

Jun's face softened before grabbing my lower back to pull me into his chest, wrapping my strong arms around me tight. Squeezing me into his comforting, warm body, I could feel his appreciation. He was an actor and I would be his supportive wife. "When does production start?"

"A week after we come back from our honeymoon," sighed Jun, arms still wrapped around me, bracing.

He was a great actor and I already assumed to myself that he got the role, even if Jun said we wouldn't know until a week after the wedding.