8 part 1

TW: swearing, death, blood, sharp objects

Adeline
No, no, no, nononononononono." I tried not to panic as I tried to go through the rubble towards the Office but it was as if something was preventing me from going through. I had to manucure between and get the parts out of the way.

I will never forgive myself if something happens to Eugene.

"Charlie!" I called through the station. "Eugene?"
If he was lucky the shock wave made his soul leave his body and he would be okay. I did not dare to think about what would happen if he would not be. No answer.

As I was hopefully moving towards the epicentre it started to be harder and harder to move around. I also noticed that there was hair everywhere. Like really everywhere.

"Charlie?" I tried again. Again without answer.
Suddenly I heard a commotion not so far away.
"...should I dance to, sir?" Somebody was saying. It sounded suspiciously like Charlie.

I tried my luck again. "Charlie?"

No answer. "I swear to the stars Charlie if you don't answer me right now, I will seal you up." I yelled through the station.

"Addie?" It wasn't Charlie. Nevertheless I turned after the call. And there he was. Victor.
"Victor, you should not be here." I said. "It is dangerous. There are evil spirits."
"Adeline I wish to help you! I won't let you go there alone." Victor insisted.
"Victor, please. If you really want to help me, make sure that all the civilians are okay, no monsters are lurking around the door. We need to keep them stabilised. If monsters would get into the mortal world it would be a mess that would be very hard to clean. That is how you would help me the most."
He looked as if torn between his choices.
"As my lady wishes." And with that he walked off. He didn't look too happy about it though.

I turned back towards the debris. I mustered all my strength and walked through.
Finally I saw them. Charlie and Boss.

"If River impacted the door..." Boos was saying.
"You ain't gonna say it?" Asked Charlie. "Eh, it's not like you were good at explaining things before, either. Fine, whatever. It's not that I'm courions anyway."
Charlie frowned. "Damn, what a mess."
"Charlie. Go check that the Door is alright." Boss suddenly said.
"But..." Charlie wanted to complain.
"Go." There was no room for argument there.
"Ugh fine..." And with that, Charlie disappeared into the ruins and hair.

"Boss." I approached him.
He didn't answer me.
"There's something leaking out of you?"
A colourful stripes were everywhere around us.
"Tsk, tsk... It seems I have been shaken quite a bit." He muttered more to himself than to me. "It will take more time to recover."
"It's your memory isn't it." I said.
He finally looked at me. "... Very well. I no longer have nothing to hide. It may be better since it is you looking in."
And with that I have been sucked into a memory.

I was standing on a busy street. But it wasn't modern times. No. It was when Boss was alive.
"Hey! Hey! Witch!" A man in pink clothing ran up to a young man who must've been Boss. "It's been a while."
Boss looked annoyed. Well that wasn't anything new.
"It has been a while, indeed. I heard there is a cause of celebration in your family."
"Ah, you heard?" The man laughed. "I was starting to think that I was destined to be an old bachelor with you but it happens I was wed before you!"
"My congratulations to you. You must be happy." said Boss politely.
"But why didn't you come to my wedding celebration?"
Boss didn't answer.
"Even if an old bachelor was feeling envious, you still have a lot of time on your hands! I will hold this over your head for a decade."
Boss laughed with the man, but his laugh didn't reach his eyes.
"Did you really miss a possessed so-called witch who can't even hold an official position or be wed? That kind of witch?" Boss asked.
The man was taken aback.
"In my own way, I did not attend so as to not ruin the mood of your celebration." Boss continued.
"That's not what I..."
"I will take my leave. Good day." Wished him Boss and turned away. The man didn't dare to follow.