44. Minimalism, I Tried

Is It Over Now? / Ned Stark out now!

~5 years later~

Aislynn rolled out of bed, her joints cracking and popping back into place, she felt so old.  She moved about the house and started disorganizing the house. Tyland watched her for a good ten minutes while he drank his tea before he asked her what the hell she was doing. 

"Decluttering." Aislynn answered simply. "The children are grown and... we are tripping over things." 

"Well now we are." Tyland agreed carefully stepping over the mess she made. AIslynn gave him a pointed look. "What?" Tyland questioned innocently.

"Father thinks he is being sneaky but hes not. But I got the gist of it." Aislynn remarked.

"Gist of what?" Tyland countered.

"Minimalism." Aislynn offered gesturing her arms dramatically before them.

"No this isnt the part where we thank our garbage before throwing it out is it?" Amelia countered.

"No, thats stupid." Aislynn agreed. "I found something we can turn into a game."

"A decluttering game?" Tytos countered shaking his head.

"You have so many toys, all of you except Tytos that is have grown out of. Your father has very casually asked if his office not be turned into an island for misfit toys." Aislynn remarked.

"What's the game?" Amelia countered.

"30 day decluttering challenge." Aislynn declared. "John's wife told me about it. Helps get rid of Johns excess shit. On day one you donate or trash one item. On day two, two items and so on and so forth. Fun right?" Aislynn offered looking around their very cluttered house.

"Not fun. Pass." Tytos countered.

"Not optional." Aislynn corrected.

"Are you playing the game too?" Tyland questioned and Amelia nodded rooting her hands on her hips.

"Yes. We all are." Aislynn agreed leaning into Tyland.

"What?" Tyland questioned.

"Great!" Aislynn agreed.

Tyland  was staring in their closet and picked up one of Aislynn's black boots.

"How many pairs of black boots do you need?" Tyland questioned and Aislynn pulled it to her.

"These are booties, these are booties with a smaller heel, these are thicker, these are riding boots, these are wedges, heels, these are my sexy but I cant walk in them pin needle heels... all very different." Aislynn assured.

"Please know I say this with love." Tyland remarked kissing her temple. "You are going to fail at this challenge."

"That's love?" Aislynn countered.

"MAMA!" Tytos shouted. "Toby is trying to get rid of my stuff for day four!"

"No, no, Tobias you have to pick your things dont throw out other peoples garbage that is for them to declare." Aislynn corrected.

"But I love all my things." Tobias corrected and Aislynn rummaged through the catch all pile that had become Tyland's office once again. Aislynn held out a beat up doll with stains and hair falling out.

"That's favorite dolly!" Amelia declared grabbing it. "How could you ever consider getting rid of her!"

"Sorry, my bad..." Aislynn declared raising her hands in surrender. She lifted up a broken figurine and Titus grabbed it.

"No this has memories." Titus corrected. "I used to throw him off of Sunfyre when flying with Aegon."

"Which explains why he is broken." Tyland agreed. Aislynn continued picking up old and broken toys and trinkets each of which the children vetoed. But now Tylands office not only had his own shit and the kids rooms were filled.

Otto shook his head slapping a hand to his face.

"Aislynn when I said you have a shopping problem" Otto remarked. 

"THis is junk we already had." Aislynn objected. 

"I have been telling mum for ages that she needs to stop spending." Finn agreed. "Money management and whatnot" 

"Blame your father!" Aislynn pointed a finger back at Tyland. "He spoils me!"

"Aislynn, when I suggesting cleaning and organization..." Otto began.

"It's a work in progress. Don't worry. The house will be livable again" Aislynn remarked as there was stuff everywhere.

"We tried." Tyland agreed. "It's... hard." Aislynn hugged TItus to her.

"My babies are grown and refuse to leave me, thats the problem. Plus they are so sentimental." Aislynn added. 

"You can't marry me off." Titus demanded. 

"Never, unless you really annoy me." Aislynn teased. "I havent found a girl worthy of my boys." SHe assured. 

"What are all the piles?" Finn questioned. 

"Donate, dump, debate at a later date because apparently we are sentimental." Tyland declared.

"Hey this is mine!" Finn remarked pulling his old journal from the pile.

"Amelia!" Aislynn warned.

"Sorry Finny." Amelia whispered.

"Take the rest of Finn's things out of the piles." Tyland instructed.

"That was probably it." Tobias reasoned.

"Please note that as your favorite child, that is terrible at taking directions I tried." Aislynn remarked draping an arm around Otto's shoulders. 

"I see that." Otto agreed. "You know I still have things of yours-"

"Nope! This house is feeling really small right now, we dont need more junk from my youth." Aislynn decided.