03 | take care of sammy

THE SANCTUARY WAS a rundown factory, filled with workers and soldiers alike. Lottie had passed at least five men carrying guns on their way in and she found herself walking a little closer to her older brother as they followed Negan through the halls. She had thought of at least five different escape plans as they walked, all of which would end with one of them─if not all of them─getting killed.

John Winchester was never much of a father to her, but he made damn sure that she'd be able to identify a threat when she needed to. These men that walked the halls of the Sanctuary were not simply civilians, but in fact, loyal soldiers. Soldiers who would be ready to shoot, should their leader come under threat.

"So...Sam and Dean," Negan said. "How would you two like to come and work for me?"

"Sorry buddy," Dean answered, shaking his head. "But after the little show in the woods, there's no way in Hell we'd wanna work for you."

Negan stopped walking then, resting a gloved hand on the door handle to his side. "I'm sorry, I think I may have given you the wrong idea. See, you seem to think you actually have a choice in the matter."

Dean didn't say anything else, but Lottie could see him eyeing the gun in Negan's belt, no doubt attempting to figure out how he could retrieve it. She gently kicked his foot with the toe of her boot, a warning. 'Don't,' she silently pleaded. She knew her brother, and she knew what happened when he got wreckless─people got killed.

"We didn't do anything to you," Lottie spoke up, trying to keep her voice steady as Negan closed the door behind them. "So why not just let us go?"

He smirked. "I'm sorry. Forgive me if I'm wrong...but didn't your brother have a gun pointed at me just less than an hour ago?"

"Well, forgive me if I'm wrong...but wasn't that because you were literally threatening to kill me?"

He laughed. "Oh, come on. You gotta know I didn't mean that shit. How could I kill a pretty thing like you?"

Lottie felt sick hearing those words come from his mouth, because although it was evident that this man was not her father, everything about him was still pretty much identical, right down to the scar on the side of his face.

"So," Negan continued. "Now that I've acquired two new men, I'd like you to start immediately. I'll get Simon to show you the ropes."

"No way," Dean argued, shaking his head before attempting to usher everyone towards the door.

But Lottie could see that Negan wasn't playing around, and there was no way in Hell she was letting Dean get them all killed. They would get out of this another way. They had to.

She stepped towards him, taking his face in her hands, forcing him to look at her. "Dean, listen to me. We've gotta do what he says, okay? It'll be alright, just─just take care of Sammy. Okay?"

He stood there motionless for a moment, glossy eyes staring into hers, pleading with her to for once, take his side.

"Dean, please."

Finally, he nodded, his shoulders slumping in defeat. "Are you gonna be okay?"

Lottie smiled─the same smile she would give Sam when they were children and he would ask if Dad was coming back. "I can take care of myself."

────

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hope you're enjoying the story so far, I certainly am aha. Honestly, Lottie is such a badass and I can't wait for you to see some of the scenes I have planned for her.

I'll hopefully be updating this fic once every week.

Thanks for reading! <3